Wish List on Steroids

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
yeah i know there a lot of these threads and they get annoying but i couldn't help it. i have a rather large list of stuff that i plan on getting within the next month or two. this is not a question as to which ones to get, rather im wondering if anyone has opinions on any of the products strongly enough to advise me not to waste my time, or just want to voice a strong approval for certain products. i know its a lot and i dont need to hear its a waste and just focus on the material i have or all that. I dont plan on just skimming and not putting in the work, i just like adding to my library and getting stuff at once. That way i can compare, contrast and have stuff to work on for a long long time. thanks for any opinions or comments, let the swarzenager of lists begin

-Roadrunner Cull by Kostya
-The Encyclopeida of Flourishes
-A-Ha! by David Harkey
-Magician's Magic by Paul Curry
- The Vernon Chronicles 1-4
-The Dai Vernon Book of Magic by Lewis Ganson
-The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings by Mike Maxwell
-Carneycopia by Stephen Minch
-Cradle to the Grave- De'vo
-Silver Dream by Justin Miller

i highly highly doubt it but any other suggestions to add? hahahaha

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Silver Dream Rocks the house dude but only if you can master it. I'm still working on it but the other stuff I'm not sure about

i heard its really good and a great way to up your sleeving skills. im not worried about mastering things, i love putting the work in and practicing and im in this for the long haul, not to buy something practice a week and then go make a youtube account.

Nov 17, 2007
buy silver dream with out hesitation, I have been hesitating on buying silver dream for a long time and couple months ago i just said to myself, "what the heck " and I bought it, ever since that day I fell in love with sleeving. Justin gives you some great ideas on how to sleeve anything, so trust me and buy it, you will be able to make almost anything appear and disappear at your finger tips.

Sep 1, 2007
I hesitate to say this since I want to be the only person to own this book, but get "Zarrow: A Lifetime of Magic." You know you want to.

Also, I'd put the "Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" onto the list twice or three times. It's just that good.

Oct 11, 2007
definitely get koysta dvd, i know him personally and his skill is almost unparrelled and doesn't even show you half of it on the dvd, but what he does show is the cull and i was doing the cull before i got his dvd and on it gave me the fine points i needed to change and in one night was 10 times better. hes a sick magician with a great mind for magic ... i am personally a fan of the way he thinks how everything is in the hands without a table and a very free nature from the spectators point of view... id almost say just get that because you will need to devote two or three solid months on the move to perfect it maybe longer, but it will pay you over and over again, ... justin millers dvd is good too if you want some coin work, cradle to grave is fun but really your never going to use any of it in the real world...

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
definitely get koysta dvd, i know him personally and his skill is almost unparrelled and doesn't even show you half of it on the dvd, but what he does show is the cull and i was doing the cull before i got his dvd and on it gave me the fine points i needed to change and in one night was 10 times better. hes a sick magician with a great mind for magic ... i am personally a fan of the way he thinks how everything is in the hands without a table and a very free nature from the spectators point of view... id almost say just get that because you will need to devote two or three solid months on the move to perfect it maybe longer, but it will pay you over and over again, ... justin millers dvd is good too if you want some coin work, cradle to grave is fun but really your never going to use any of it in the real world...

thanks, i will definitely pick up kostya's and millers. Why do you say i wont use CTTG in real life?

Oct 11, 2007
because they are either crazy fans or a crazy routine that mixed up with a box, its tight lol and i spent a lot of my time doing it prior but i never ever used it but its cool but really i can't even tell you whats on it ... its just crazy oddball stuff and in the real world your not pulling that out, i do magic out with girls at clubs and never have i done those crazy moves, yes i do crazy flourishes but not that nuts lol its cool and all, just not like routine worthy material

Oct 11, 2007
some cool stuff would be, get a pk ring, i just got a wizard pk ring for prohibition, and if you do stuff for friends out and your trying to impress chicks at a bar, this is it also do extreme burn, maybe with the ring do ring thing by garrett thomas, and personally i can't wait for thread either, i think it will be sick... my gf thinks its too extreme and im like hell ya thats the point lol

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
haha, well i dont really need to be impressing chicks at the bar, i think my gf might scalp me. but upon further review of CTG i think you might be right. I dont see many two handed cuts and stuff and i really prefer that style of flourishing. i think the flip back fan is the only thing i really like that i see advertised. so maybe i'll look into some other stuff. as for the PK ring, i dunno, i dont really know if that kind of magic is for me. for starters they aren't cheap and then you have to really buy a lot of stuff to go with it like gimmicked coins and such, i prefer not to carry too many gimmicks. as for the weird factor of THREAD. OMG thats what i love about it. haha wayne is the man.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results