Bicycle Guardians : 1st Edition - Sold Out

Sep 1, 2007
Ha-- someone must have registered the domain right after I posted it!

You should be careful of that. If you where to say a name of a site that was never made, and someone made it and put some, well, bad stuff on it lets say. And then someone went there because of what you said, you could be sued. Probably would never happen, but I'm just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Why would they sue him, if he didn't make the site?

If anything he can sue the maker of the site for stealing the name from him.

Cheers,
JTM

If he tells someone to go there, and then someone buys the sites name, and they put stuff on it, you could sue him for telling you to go there, because this is supposed to be a safe place, blah blah blah. Same thing for tv, if someone on tv says a site, and then someone buys the name, and puts stuff on it. And you go there, and your really offended, guess what? you can sue them. I'm not saying you should, or its ok to, I'm saying you could. Thats why tv stations don't make up site names with out buying them first.

I heard a story about someone who said the name of a fake site on tv. They bought the site as soon as possible because they did not want someone to do what I was just describing. And they told the guy never to do that again.

Sep 2, 2007
If And you go there, and your really offended, guess what? you can sue them.

S3al, watch out, I'm gonna sew yo ass!

Well, I'm offended that I was told to go to whatistheory11.com, only to find The Dark Angel cursing, as he stated "a$$."

I don't believe that I'm able to sue him because I'm "offended" because offensive speech is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

However, if that speech were to display a "clear and present danger," Schenck v. United States, 1919, then I would be able to sue him, according to the Supreme Court of the United States of America ... But I digress. :D

Cheers,
JTM

If he tells someone to go there, and then someone buys the sites name, and they put stuff on it, you could sue him for telling you to go there, because this is supposed to be a safe place, blah blah blah. Same thing for tv, if someone on tv says a site, and then someone buys the name, and puts stuff on it. And you go there, and your really offended, guess what? you can sue them. I'm not saying you should, or its ok to, I'm saying you could. Thats why tv stations don't make up site names with out buying them first.

I heard a story about someone who said the name of a fake site on tv. They bought the site as soon as possible because they did not want someone to do what I was just describing. And they told the guy never to do that again.
That's not exactly against the law. They just make it station policy because if a viewer were to buy the domain name and load it up with inappropriate material, it might be mistaken that the station is supporting that website and they could be held liable. If someone did sue, it would probably not be even remotely successful. But I digress :D

And that person is probably Conan O'Brien, who mentioned hornymanatee.com on his late night talk show. The station (NBC) forced him to buy it, and it's now quite possibly the most hilarious site on the internet (don't worry, it's PG-13 :p).

J. Bayme,

I am about to speak from a business owner perspective. I have owned and operated my own Internet commerce business for over 8 years successfully.

I will like to thank you for listening to your customers and delivering what we wanted. Although my review of the first edition was not that great, I was honest and I knew that T11 would deliver a better quality deck with time.

I honestly did not expect for you guys to deliver a 2nd Edition so quickly.

What does that tell me? T11 and all it's staff care about quality and they are willing to listen to their customers feedback. This once again shows me the dedication T11 has promised since the birth of the new company.

I wish you much success and I look forward in doing business with you for the long haul.

For those who made comments on the 1st Edition. It's behind us. I understand the difficulty in rolling something new out. Regardless of how hard you try, you sometimes need to make adjustments, especially after your customers comment on the product. T11 delivered and that should be the end of it. 2nd Edition is on it's way and T11 has done a terrific job.

Thanks again.

Sep 2, 2007
wish the first had same quality second editions will have. But I'm glad they are releasing new editions now I'll be able to actually use them regularly cause they are a nice set of cards

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Sweet. My 1st editions will be a pretty cool collectors item, as they do clump a bit and produce a messy fan, BUT- sounds like the 2nd editions are the ones I've been waiting for.

Thanks T11,

-Matt

Sep 2, 2007
Idle curiosity, is the stock changed, or just the finish? Also, does this new finish have a name?

I'm now tempted to pick up a pack of 2nd eds when they come out. This is definitely one point for customer serviece at T11. I wasn't sure they were going to do anything about all the complaints, and it's good to know that they're going to keep the price the same, even though it means they'll be making less per deck. That's caring about the customer, alright.

I'll wait till I see reviews for them, though.

Sep 2, 2007
I think who ever did that is an jerk. Even though you should have registered it before the announcement. Oh well Lesson learned.

That was a joke, as he just randomly typed in a url -- it wasn't intented to be registered as an actual site. But, someone thought it would be funny it were real, and he or she registered it.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Jonathan Bayme

Could you answer to my last question ?
Will the stock for the 2nd edition be thicker or the same ?

Thank you in advance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results