Believe - Clean?

Oct 13, 2007
Believe

It is not completely clean but there is built in misdirection that is perfect for cleaning you up and leaving you spotless :D. Buy it. Great effect worth the price.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
You are left practically clean
I bought believe a while back and I gotta say that its not one of the best things ever.
What you get is a DVD of about 30 minutes.
When i finished watching the DVD, it wasnt really a rip off, but it felt like I didnt get my moneys worth.
Its not like they lied about the product. You see the effect, you learn the effect, you get some advice and tips. Its just 20 dollars for a secret which isnt exactly "holy crap why din i think of that" doesnt seem like something I would recommend.
The trick also requires you to destroy cards. Although this is pretty obvious, the method will take your deck pretty fast if you do perform it a lot.
I also find some of the things Joel says in the DVD quite BS. "People dont know what to think when you walk up to them with a deck of cards. Thats why believe blah blah blah..." whats the difference? Believe is also the same thing as a card trick...
So to answer your question.
At the end of the effect, you are not left 100% clean. There is a clean-up but it can be done with so little movement and no worries at all that you can consider it clean.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This effect is one of the biggest reaction-getters I perform. I performed it at least three times this past weekend, and it was the one effect I showed to DB when I was up in NYC. It's foolproof, insanely visual, easy to perform, and adaptable to multiple performance situations (even if you don't have a table).

In short, I think the effect is easily worth double the price if performed well and certainly is one of my favorite impromptu card effects. Yes, this effect ruins some cards - but if an incomplete deck is the price to pay for an effect this visual that uses no gimmicks and no preparation, I'll be down for it any day of the week.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I didn't purchase Believe, but recommend it wholeheartedly.

I do perform an effect that could be considered an alternate handling of the believe effect. Beofre I get painted as unethical, allow me to elaborate-

I independently created an effect which I called 'Cornered' a while back, and was going to release it through the magicbox as a d'load. However, a couple months before release, we heard about Believe. It is essentially the same effect, same mechanics at least. the actual effect is structured a little differently, but it is the same in essence. We obviously pulled production. I do however perform my handling of what is the Believe effect, and feel justified in that fact absolutely.

In closing, I know from about a year and a halfs experience of playing with the same basic effect, it is a REAL attention grabber, and well worth the money. Clean up is minimal, and all the heat is entirely away from the dirty areas.

Hope this helps.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results