Miracle Promo

Ok.

Im going to be totally honest here, and I sorry if I sound harsh.

1) Your paint logos are horrible, if you dont know how to design in Illustrator, or Photoshop find the help from someone who does.

2) The editing of the video is pretty below average, the video effects used really werent needed.

3) The music, was a bit full on. Dont know if ACDC were the best choice.

4) After viewing that, it did not do what a promo should do. You are trying to get gigs I would assume, and from that video I honestly would not know what I was getting.

5) The effects you showed, would make no sense at all to someone watching it. The Haunted Deck, didnt even work properly. The floating object, looked exactly like a piece of string was holding it up. The only effect that looked good, was the card change, and that was ruined by some bad editing.

6) The titles at the beginning, really seemed amatuer.

7) The photos, half of them I didnt understand why they were there. Why did you have a guitar?

8) The girls screams at the start, were way to loud for a beginning, and I had to turn down my speakers straight away.

9) Overall it looks pretty amatuer, im more than happy to help you to improve it and to give you hints as to what to do, and how to look more professional. And hopefully get you some great clients.

I dont want to give it a vote out of 10 now, lets work on it and get it to a much higher quality!

Cheers,
Matt

Nov 12, 2008
Take out all the pictures... that do not show you performing... in essence, all of them... only show video of you performing, like the first video. You aren't showing enough of the magic... if you are doing this to get hired for something, it will look very unprofessional... not being mean... want you to be the best you can be...

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
It was just a bunch of pictures of you holding cards.
I don't get it.
Promo for what?

I never saw a full length performance of anything in there.
You could do better man.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
As a promotional video I would think you'd want to show yourself performing about 3-4 solid effects for audiences or a few spectators and getting good reactions. If they are screaming that is great, but turn down the volume a little.
ACDC is not going to fit ALL audiences who may want to view the material. What if it was a nursing home or elderly people who wanted to view it and they can't stand the hard rock? You basically have about 3-5 minutes to get the message across that you are a talented performer who wants to share some great magic with ALL types of audiences. If you don't grab their attention in the first 30 seconds in the video I think you are going to lose them. Just my two cents. Take it as constructive criticism.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
As a promotional video I would think you'd want to show yourself performing about 3-4 solid effects for audiences or a few spectators and getting good reactions. If they are screaming that is great, but turn down the volume a little.
ACDC is not going to fit ALL audiences who may want to view the material. What if it was a nursing home or elderly people who wanted to view it and they can't stand the hard rock? You basically have about 3-5 minutes to get the message across that you are a talented performer who wants to share some great magic with ALL types of audiences. If you don't grab their attention in the first 30 seconds in the video I think you are going to lose them. Just my two cents. Take it as constructive criticism.

Good points dude! The thing is, is that this is a promo for a movie i am makin'. I don;t know if that affects your opinions or not but either way you guys all gave me sum good tips and I can't thank you all enough.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results