Performing FashionTv Romania party

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
mmmmmmm I would say take witness or panic if you have them if not I recommend you get them! a bill change like prophet or extreme burn, if you have sponge balls take them as well they are great for close up, do regular tricks with a deck of cards take gaffed cards if you own any and I dunno try to get some rubberbands in there.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Well, are you walking around? Are people standing or sitting? How many people will be there? Do they expect you to entertain the entire group at one time?

Some generic advice:
If you are walking around, it's a good idea to have about 6 (rough number) effects. When you approach a group, you need a flashy opener, a strong effect or two, and a killer closer effect. The number of tricks you do will depend on how many people you have there.

If this is a new thing for you, go through your inventory of effects, and like Ace to Z-Magic said, "Stick with impromptu or extremely quick setup".
For example a couple of routines I use often are:
1. Appearing/vanishing silk (using a tt) -simple, opens well, and begins the routine script for me.
2. then my script allows me to brig out a deck of cards and I do "Jokers Wild"
3. then I will either do another card trick, or just finish using sponge balls. The routine I use with the sponge balls closes and finishes well, and ends my script.

another routine that I will often use if I have more time at each table is:
1 Joker's Wild
2 Biddle
2 quarter bend (Morgan's 'Closer')
3 Ambitious card with Sankey's paperclipped to finish. (I love this ending. After my opener, I hand someone a mini attache case to hold. After the last routine I get them to open it, inside is a folded paperclipped card, of course it turns out to be the card that they signed)

Remember your dialogue will bring your effects together. Don't just tell people that you are going to do another trick, but find a way to engage them, get their attention and lead them down a path where they will be blown away with your final effect.

And also remember to have another couple of your strongest effects for any really important tables/people. It singles them out and makes them feel important.

Well, hope some of that helps. Good luck!

justin

Sep 1, 2007
thank you!

People are standing and sitting! It-s a night club!(Party club)! There will be 1000 people aprox......

Thanks for the advice!

Jan 18, 2014
Sounds very exciting guys, I go many times to attend the many parties in clubs. Specially I like dance parties. :) I really enjoy this type of events.............
I hope everybody is enjoying that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results