Great Debater of The Week: Should we have one?

In The Weekly Debates, Should there be a Great Debater of The Week?

• Keep The Debater of The Week. It's Awsome!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Keep The Debater of The Week. It Is Sort Of Fun.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I Don't Care...

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Get Rid Of The Bebater Of The Week. It's Not Too Fun.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Get Rid Of The Debater Of The Week. I Hate Them.

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As you know I write a thread every week called the Weekly Debate. It is a thread with a question asked each week where you can bedate and argue with others. Every week I choose the person that I think debated best and name them "The Great Debater of The Week". Some members have told me that they don't like this and others have said they do. So, here is the deal... it is up to you. Vote in this poll and tell me if you want to keep the Debater of the Week.

NOTE: EVEN IF THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION IS NO THE WEEKLY DEBATES WILL REMAIN. HOWEVER, THE "DEBATER OF THE WEEK" WILL BE HISTORY...

POINT SYSTEM FOR THE POLL...

In all fairness I must tell you how these votes will be scored. Here is the point counting system. There are five options.....

1: "Keep the Debater of the Week. It's Awsome!" = +2 points

2: "Keep the Debater of the Week. It is okay." = + 1 point

3: "I don't Care..." = 0 points

4: "Get rid of The Debater of the Week. It's not that fun..." = -1 Point

5: "Get rid of The Debater of The Week. I HATE it..." = -2 Points

This poll will close on Monday.

If when all of the vote points are added, they equal a positive number then "The Debater pf the Week" will stay.

If the number is negative then they will go.

In the unlikely event that the number should be a zero... I will post up another poll...

Please Vote,
Dylan Piknick

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Honestly, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but- nobody cares about being Master Debater... nobody cares about the debates. If they do, they shouldn't. All your debates are things that have been rehashed to the point where you making a thread out of it takes it beyone beating the dead horse, you are now dancing on its grave. Sorry man, but think about the fly and the cow...

"You are never as important as you think you are."

Asop's Fables, for those that are wondering. At least I think it was a cow- it could have been some other horned animal, I'm not sure.

Sep 20, 2008
its not that its 'not fun'

i just deem it as a bit pointless really. Still, im staying neutral, so voted for 'i dont care'.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh my god, I can't believe you're still persisting with this. I've been away from the forums for well over a month and it was getting really tiresome then. You really need to get over yourself.

Sep 1, 2007
I think it's kind of pointless to have a "debating" thread every week. This is a forum. The whole idea of a forum is to discuss and debate ideas and topics. These "debate" threads have historically been nothing more than a self-glorifying series of the exact same topics that are already discussed on the T11 forums.

On one hand, it's nice to see that someone's making an attempt to create discussions, but on the other hand these discussions have only ever existed for their own sake and do nothing to further the art.

I cast my vote for some laissez faire. Just let it be--good discussions will still occur, but no one can force them.

Mar 29, 2008
Your likert scale isn't exactly fair...having people not care is neutral in the formula...but really...imagine if the question was posed for your audience...DO you want me to continue doing magic?

If you got a "I don't care"....that shouldn't be taken lightly...I think people be disinterested, is as bad as those that don't want it...as, it proves it lack of impact - which this Likert scale dismisses.

Anyhow - I hope the votes continue to pour in to get rid of this...especially since your topics have been generic.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Instead of forcing yourself to create a topic every week, wait until you have a very good idea that you would like to share with people. You don't need to have this formal debate thread every week, just contribute a thought whenever you please. A genuine thought that hits you and inspires you to make a thread about it is 100% better than forcing yourself to come up with a question for people to debate. They can find questions to debate somewhere else

Edit: Please don't get discouraged by all the negativity in this thread. You're simply tying too hard. People here feel the need to dislike that very much. You can be a very valuable forum member without having your own special thread.

-Kevin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results