Blue or Red

• Blue

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Red

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
This is a topic I've been wondering for a while, on the E website they said that they made the red masters first because more people like red then blue.

I don't believe its true, I love the blue backs so much better because it seems like a more royal color. Anyways, I was just wondering what your thoughts were either blue or red.

Sep 2, 2007
This is a topic I've been wondering for a while, on the E website they said that they made the red masters first because more people like red then blue.

I don't believe its true, I love the blue backs so much better because it seems like a more royal color. Anyways, I was just wondering what your thoughts were either blue or red.

There should be an option for both or neither because I'm color-blind so it doesn't matter, for me, which one I choose.:(

Since, neither of my first two choices were possible, I chose red because it has a higher wavelength than blue, and therefore more volatile than blue.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.

Dai Vernon "always"* used red backed cards because he thought them to be more aesthetically pleasing for the spectators.

Dave

*This generalization would not be true when the Professor did routines where backs would change from one color to another

Sep 1, 2007
I like both.. Some times I like the blue because it's darker. Sometimes I like red more because it's refreshing. I don't know. I LIKE THE BLACK ONES THE MOST! lol.

Sep 1, 2007
Blue rocks! I like it because you can mark the card with a pencil dot, and its harder to see. Also because when you do a color change from blue to red, it looks better.

I use both. For my restaurant work, I try to only use red backs. It makes it easier for my routines that require marking the card on both sides, such as anniversary waltz (Thanks Curtis "Miles of Magic" for the excellent routine! :D).

In my close-up shows, I use both. I probably go through about 3 decks in my 20-30 minute show. Not really because I need to, but to give them to someone for helping me. Someone helps in my ACR, I give them the deck (and in the box are a few business cards). Do another routine, give them that deck.

But, for those shows, I prepare the decks beforehand, such as shuffling, breaking in, etc. Then it's not wasting time.

Best.
Steve

Sorry. I believe the vote should have both and neither.

I won't vote because of the narrow selection.

I use both colors for multiple tricks. Red backs are great for black sharpie signatures, they show up better.

Blue is great for other tricks.

Sep 1, 2007
Im a red back fan all the way...but the bricks come with 6 blue and 6 red so I have been using blue also.

-Jonny V

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
the thing with the red vs. blue is that while Blue might appear more "royal" it wont catch the eye as much as a Red deck. it's the same effect you hear about with the "Write me ticket red" cars. Red cars seem to be going faster then other cars because of the way the eye receives the color and processes it. I personally use Red Backs for this very reason. It's a 'louder' color.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
the thing with the red vs. blue is that while Blue might appear more "royal" it wont catch the eye as much as a Red deck. it's the same effect you hear about with the "Write me ticket red" cars. Red cars seem to be going faster then other cars because of the way the eye receives the color and processes it. I personally use Red Backs for this very reason. It's a 'louder' color.

Not to be a downer, but they proved that bright green colored cars are more noticeable.
So everyone should go with a green deck of cards.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
You're not a downer, you're bringing an irrelevant color into a Red VS. Blue argument, no worries :) and really, how often do you see GREEN fast cars, any person worth their salt knows that a fast car can't be green- it's ugly.

Sep 2, 2007
You're not a downer, you're bringing an irrelevant color into a Red VS. Blue argument, no worries :) and really, how often do you see GREEN fast cars, any person worth their salt knows that a fast car can't be green- it's ugly.

The Dark Angel is an independant, an avant-garde, a van-guard, somone who refuses accept blue or red, conformity, but rather wants to assert a third, dissenting, opinion -- "bright green."

I agree with him -- a glow-in-the-dark green/lime deck would be fantabulous, it could be called the Green Grass Deck. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
My choice is blue, but I have recently come across a nice looking green deck

Attachments

• greendeck_LRG.jpg
    greendeck_LRG.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 87
Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
i only use red or blue bikes.

its whats recognized as normal, so draws no suspision at all.

i try to use everyday objects to set myself above them, not a fancy 10 dollar deck of cards

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results