Imagination

do you think this thread is stupid

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
mix three effects, bottle of water. do FLOW, then use the principle of "FROZEN" to cause it to freeze, then change it into a different liquid, preferably wine. then hope your not crucified.

cause one foot to completely spin around, i have been working on this, its actually not that hard to make the effect look really good.

turn a cell phone into a different model with all the same info in it

put a card reveal on someone else's ipod as a visual or audio reveal

make someone's tattoo disappear, then reappear... or stay gone, or move it to a different part of their body

make your eyes change color, (again something ive been toying with, it involves contacts, only problem is i have really dark eyes normally and it wont work but others could toy with the idea)

make a coin, spoon or something rust before someone's eyes. (sequel to frozen)

crush a can and turn it into a nickel (instant redemption)

i can go on... i think a little strange, most of these i have some basic methods im working on them for. any interest give some feedback. WOOP WOOP

~josh

May 19, 2008
manchester
mix three effects, bottle of water. do FLOW, then use the principle of "FROZEN" to cause it to freeze, then change it into a different liquid, preferably wine. then hope your not crucified.

cause one foot to completely spin around, i have been working on this, its actually not that hard to make the effect look really good.

put a card reveal on someone else's ipod as a visual or audio reveal

make someone's tattoo disappear, then reappear... or stay gone, or move it to a different part of their body

make your eyes change color, (again something ive been toying with, it involves contacts, only problem is i have really dark eyes normally and it wont work but others could toy with the idea)

make a coin, spoon or something rust before someone's eyes. (sequel to frozen)

crush a can and turn it into a nickel (instant redemption)

i can go on... i think a little strange, most of these i have some basic methods im working on them for. any interest give some feedback. WOOP WOOP

~josh

they sound good!!!
the rusting thing with a spoon/coin sounds good
the changing eye colour thing - what about the pupil disappears?
no idea how you could do the ipod thing, you could use the gecko and change an ipod/iphone into your own iphone that has a picture of the card on it, then switch them later on???
the footspin thing sounds weird!!!

Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
i got some

Freeze water in mid air, like while pouring it out

peeled and restored banana

broken and restored glass

card reveal on the tag of a spectator's shirt

predict every word of an entire conversation in a sealed envelope prediction.

use a laser pen to burn a card reveal into your skin

a color change that visually happens in a spectator's hand

you light snow on fire

a few inch up gliding levitation so you can hover around and move forward

spinning levitation so you can hover spin 360 degrees around while floating

you have someone select a card and shuffle it back into the deck. THen you bury the deck of cards in the ground several inches and their card digs itself out without anybody touching it.

I have methods for the prediction, the levitations, the laser pen, the buried one. THe others i'm not so sure about

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA

This needs to be perfected and released immediately. I would pay several awesomedollars for it.

Torn and restored card. You sign half, they sign the other half. Magical gestures include but are not limited to: waving your hand; snapping your fingers. Result: a transpo. You had your signed piece, now you have theirs. You pull it from your pocket. Their's simply vanishes from their closed fist. Of course, it's your signed part - but where do they find it? Inside their shoe.

You pour some soda on the ground. The resulting splatter forms a card reveal.

A spectator is asked to watch you, not the paper they're drawing on. They're told to simply let the pen flow wherever it wants to, just scribble unconsciously. After a few minutes of patter, they look down to see they've drawn a life-like replica of a celebrity you predicted. Doesn't matter if they can draw or not - they have drawn an amazing, authentic picture.

Steal a spectator's pulse. Luke Jermay did this, but not quite so flashy. You feel their pulse, then rub, then pinch it out of their wrist. Onlookers cannot feel the spectator's pulse. The spectator's skin starts to turn a pale shade of blue-ish white. They feel cold. Putting your hand your lips, you blow, and your breath of life invades their nostrils, providing a healthy flush and a returned pulse. Maybe hold your fingers up to someone's ear, and they can hear the heartbeat?

You rub your fingers over a spectator's picture I.D., and the picture turns into another picture of them. It's them with the same fake smile, only turned at a different angle. They have no idea where such a picture came from.

Sep 25, 2008
You cover someones eyes while standing outside and when you uncover them Day has turned to night or night changes to day

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
go up to some one and cut out a small hole in the sleeve of their shirt, and let them see there is a real hole, then, imediately restore it. For the next phase, cut off the whole sleeve, ball it up and put it under a diner bowl. show your hands empty, and as you wipe your hands down their arm where the sleeve used to be, the sleeve suddenly appears, restored to the shirt, and when you lift the bowl, the sleeve is gone

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
As a big, huge publicity stunt: I know this is and forever will be impossible, but it's fun to think of - I would die a very happy magician if I could cause the sun to not come up one morning. At least until later in the day, when I wanted it to. Crowds of reporters huddled outside by a cliff's edge getting it on film, the weathermen there with their report of "6:28 means sunrise!" And we all wait, and wait, and it never shows. Then you stay and meditate, or do something magical or whatever, until a few hours later - almost noon - and the sun finally rises.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
i got some

Freeze water in mid air, like while pouring it out

broken and restored glass

use a laser pen to burn a card reveal into your skin

a color change that visually happens in a spectator's hand

you light snow on fire

I have methods for the prediction, the levitations, the laser pen, the buried one. THe others i'm not so sure about

Freeze the flow of water- working on it.

Broken and restored glass- See Greg Wilson's 'Off base' from 'In action' and 'magic menu'.

Laser pen burn- Just 'Ouch!'.

In spec's hands colour change- I'm guessing it could probably be done with those alpha card things.

Light snow on fire- Could be done by treating the snow gel stuff with a flammable.

Kudos for the namedrop on FreezerBurn, I'm blushing.

CL

As a big, huge publicity stunt: I know this is and forever will be impossible, but it's fun to think of - I would die a very happy magician if I could cause the sun to not come up one morning. At least until later in the day, when I wanted it to. Crowds of reporters huddled outside by a cliff's edge getting it on film, the weathermen there with their report of "6:28 means sunrise!" And we all wait, and wait, and it never shows. Then you stay and meditate, or do something magical or whatever, until a few hours later - almost noon - and the sun finally rises.

That would be incredible......you'd need God powers to do that.

May 16, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvyHH3C3Gds

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results