Thread - Geek Method?

Oct 5, 2008
( What I am talking about through this is Geek method )
First of all "Thread" is possibly one of the greatest effects I have got into, Its Wayne Houchins best by far, and I am not saying this effect is bad at all just want to see others opinion on this. I bought Thread from Waynes site on release night, and have tryed it with everything he tells, he gives GREAT step by step on how to perform both verisons of thread, and I have followed every step, step by step for geek method. And when I practice the thread I have unbelievable pain, and hurts really bad. As I stated before this is great, thread is a great effect and as Wayne has said in the dvd that it doesnt really hurt at all just something you have to get used to, he says there wont be pain but it hurts extremly bad for me. I have followed each step and have gotten necssary materials for Thread ( geek method ) and have followed each step, and pain is my result. I just want to see for people who have tried this, what were your results. As I said "Thread" is amazing and you should pick it up tonight here on Theory 11, its a great dvd and Wayne goes thorugh every thing you need to know and more. Best magic dvd I have gotten so far. I just want to see what others have had dealing with Geek Method.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Hm, I also have thread and have been having similar troubles. It always goes the same: I get setup after a few tries, attempt the affect, pain and then I abort the effect. I keep giving it a break and coming back to it, no luck yet. Slight method works fine... but I'd really prefer the geek method. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
I have been experiencing the same thing. You are not alone. I tried it once or twice and it hurt like hell. I thought I was doing something wrong so I bought new matirials, I asked the woman working to make absolutely sure I had what I needed and tried it again...still painfull. I then tried it about 100 more times hoping that I would find a way to make it better, but I dont know if this is something you just 'get used to'.

On the other hand, the effect is great, the DVD is great and I absolutely love the slight method, it seems more practical anyway. I will perform this but I think I will be using some common sense and not trying the geek method again.

Maybe people know something we don't?.....if you're one of thoes people maybe you could help...Wayne?...Anyone?

Oct 28, 2007
yeah the geek method is impossible for me i tried it and i almost started crying but i was laughing at how much it hurt because it was just ridiculous. then i looked at my eye and now i have a cut ON my eye it doesn't bother me but yeah, probably should of made sure it was 100% cotton. oh well

Jan 13, 2008
You just have to keep in mind that everyone is different...for some people, it will be fine. For others, there will be pain. That's just how it goes.

For me personally, I have to use the sleight method, as I can't touch my eyes (tragic experience as a child emotionally scarred me...ANYTHING goes near my eyes and they tear up horribly, to the point where I can't see, and I blink uncontrollably, etc). I'm still very happy with the sleight method, though. :)

Oct 5, 2008
I have been experiencing the same thing. You are not alone. I tried it once or twice and it hurt like hell. I thought I was doing something wrong so I bought new matirials, I asked the woman working to make absolutely sure I had what I needed and tried it again...still painfull. I then tried it about 100 more times hoping that I would find a way to make it better, but I dont know if this is something you just 'get used to'.

On the other hand, the effect is great, the DVD is great and I absolutely love the slight method, it seems more practical anyway. I will perform this but I think I will be using some common sense and not trying the geek method again.

Maybe people know something we don't?.....if you're one of thoes people maybe you could help...Wayne?...Anyone?

I agree, alot of us have been experiencing the same thing. Wayne Houchin or someone should reply, for a more straight forward answer. The pain is horrible and just cant take it, seems for others also.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com

Greetings! I completely understand what you're going through. As I said on the DVD when I first started doing THREAD it was absolutely uncomfortable. It was something that I had to get used to. I've talk to magicians who wear contacts and they have said that performing THREAD the first time was very similar to the first time they put contacts in... weird and uncomfortable.

With that said THREAD is NOT an effect that is for everyone. This is not an anytime-anywhere-easy-to-master-miracle. THREAD does take work. It does take dedication and it does require patience. It has been an effect that has allowed me to negotiate higher performance fees and it has been a reputation maker for me.

I hope that answers your questions - let me know if you have any other. Peace!

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Thing is that it's painful, not just uncomfortable. I don't think I'll try the geek method again, actually. You only get one pair of eyes, I don't want mine damaged. I'll live doing the slight method. It really is a great effect though, thanks Wayne.

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
i have been having the same problem but Im ganna stick to it and hope it gets easier other wise im ganna stick to the sleight method

Aug 28, 2008
I had some pain the first few times I attempted it, but then I changed the thread I was using and it got better. It's not really painful anymore for me, but it is still kind of uncomfortable. Great effect though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results