Best Card Controls

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
there is a best double lift so i though i would add this plus i need to learn some more

can people not just post it but what they learned it from so others can find that source and learn for them selves.

the one i use mainly is

-double undercut (taught in Daryls card sleights dvds)
- ego control (daniel garcia project 2)

thx guys :D

Sep 1, 2007
Boston, Ma
i like the ego slip as well, but the control i use most often is usually the pass(not sure about a definitive reference for the pass..its in a lot of places) or the hofzinser spread control(daryl's sleight of hand)

off topic but, first post :) glad to be part of such a great site

LukeDancy

theory11 artist + consultant, Criss Angel MindFrea
Sep 18, 2007
Las Vegas
It's hard to beat a good pass, when done correctly it should look like nothing has happened. I'll be the first to admit I'm a pass junkie though.

l u k e

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i like the ego slip as well, but the control i use most often is usually the pass(not sure about a definitive reference for the pass..its in a lot of places) or the hofzinser spread control(daryl's sleight of hand)

off topic but, first post :) glad to be part of such a great site
thx for your post and welcome to Theory11

btw how didi u find out about it?

Luke Dancy has a control which i have a small touch on that is just great. Same as Rob James has a great control, probably more convincing than a pass at times! Steve Bedwells control is incredible as well...

However, i still use the pass more than any other control. I use a riffle pass, or my own original 'Did you see it?' pass

Aug 31, 2007
I've heard that Asher's Losing Control is very good.

I remember being very impressed when I saw Andi Gladwin's InFlight Control. Check it out.

The pass is old and effective. I like doing a Lepaul Spread Pass or just a plain old Hermann Pass.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 1, 2007
Hmm...

The Drop Addition
Convincing Control/Underspread Cull
Tilt
Various Cutting Based Controls
Hindu Shuffle Multiple Shift
Swing Cut Multiple Shift
Passes: Riffle and Backstage (Greg Wilson)

It would probably depend greatly on what effect you're doing. I have found that certain things are better depending on what you're trying to do. However, the Pass is definitely an excellent choice for most tricks.

The main reason I would suggest perfect a couple of different good controls is to vary your routine. Using the same motion over and over again will make the spectator suspicious as to what you're doing.

~The Asian

I totally love Terry LaGerould's Swingset Control, more specifically the second (tabled) handling. Very, VERY convincing indeed.

Also, the Bow-To-Stern control from By Forces Unseen (Ernest Earick), and a Diagonal Palm Shift used as a control is very neat indeed.

Sep 1, 2007
Chad Long has one of the coolest controls Ive ever seen. Looks so damned clean. Took me a long time to figure it out. I dont know the name of the control though, sorry.

I honestly dont like the Losing Control though, the method is completely see through IMO, although I do think it would fly right by laymen, I dont feel comfortable using it.

My most used controls are probably the pass, and a double undercut. I like to keep things simple.

The bow to stern control is brilliant though.

Sep 2, 2007
Injogging is an easy control that looks normal. False Sybil is a crazy cut, which looks like something a magician would do, but looks so complicated at full speed that it does not look like a false cut. The Swivel Cut is like a medium between injogging and false sybil, in that its not to complicated for the viewer, but it accomplishes its job.

Cheers,
JTM

My methods

I like to use a side steal, and when I do that I take the palmed card and I plant it onto the deck under cover. I also like to use the Cut pass, the Dribble pass, and other moves. I have recently created a move where no pass is needed and no double lifts are used, yet when a card is placed in the center it immediately comes to the top with my method. My move I use in it is by Ed Marlo, it's an old move that is actually taught in N2, I use that move and control a card to the top that way, works well. :)

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Depending on how many spectators of course... but generally I used a dribble pass, or a really slow double undercut while talking with spectators. For the occasional fun loving bar crowd I just grab the card back and top change then put the indifferent card in the middle slowly and clean as silk.

-tokyoUW

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results