What do I do?

Nov 26, 2008
I've been doing magic for about two months now, so i know the most basic tricks. Tricks like the Biddle, Ultimate Transpo, and the Two Card Monte. I can do them with a lot of success, fooling someone almost every time ... unless they are at school. Sounds odd doesn't it?
There are two other hardcore magicians at my school (I'm not considering myself one) , they both happen to be my friends. They help me with magic and they do so well. What's unfortunate is that there is a person that does an awful job with basic tricks. Tricks that I'm trying to perform. People have seen this person do them so bad they know basic sleights (if you can call them sleights) like the double lift and the double undercut. So I have little choices to work with. What am I to do?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I've been doing magic for about two months now, so i know the most basic tricks. Tricks like the Biddle, Ultimate Transpo, and the Two Card Monte. I can do them with a lot of success, fooling someone almost every time ... unless they are at school. Sounds odd doesn't it?
There are two other hardcore magicians at my school (I'm not considering myself one) , they both happen to be my friends. They help me with magic and they do so well. What's unfortunate is that there is a person that does an awful job with basic tricks. Tricks that I'm trying to perform. People have seen this person do them so bad they know basic sleights (if you can call them sleights) like the double lift and the double undercut. So I have little choices to work with. What am I to do?

well, if the guy is that bad, He must know only one double lift and one control.... there are a lot of DL that you can learn and use, for example, the push off DL is a great one, it looks nice, and it looks natural, there are also a lot of card controls, for example a nice and good pass, so try looking for more card controls, also you can try speaking with the guy and see what happens...

Good luck mate:D

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Mmm.I guess you could move on to different effects.Not necessarily harder though.
Dan and Dave have great books on card magic in their website if you want card magic.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!

Do the sleights better! I honestly have explained the double lift like a million times to my friends (that aren't magicians) and every time i do a double lift they get fooled.

Another way is to find other tricks. Try Triumphs and Sandwich effects. Or you can ask your 2 pro magician buddies to help you out. Hope this helps!

Nov 26, 2008
Thanks for all of the responses, I'll try all of these tomorrow. Thank god He hasn't got ahold of the Trilogy, I just borrowed it :]

Where do i find this double lift technique?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Thanks for all of the responses, I'll try all of these tomorrow. Thank god He hasn't got ahold of the Trilogy, I just borrowed it :]

Where do i find this double lift technique?

well, there are a lot of sources to learn some nice DL

I learned the push off DL from CRASH COURSE 2 from ellusionist, he goes into a big detail of that DL, there are also some things in there that you can use, considering that you do not hve a lot of time doing magic...

have a nice day!

Nov 26, 2008
is there a specific book or dvd that's a good place to start for passes? My Born to perform by Oz doesn't really explain it.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
is there a specific book or dvd that's a good place to start for passes? My Born to perform by Oz doesn't really explain it.

well, returning a little with ellusionist(hahah) you could learn the pass and other ones form ninja one... I learned the classic pass from there.

Nov 26, 2008
well, returning a little with ellusionist(hahah) you could learn the pass and other ones form ninja one... I learned the classic pass from there.

Thanks! My friend has a copy of Ninja 1. I'll barrow it from him

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Thanks! My friend has a copy of Ninja 1. I'll barrow it from him

also, If you want to know moves that not a lot of magicians know, I recommend aaron fisher paper engine, it has like 8 very useful sleights and 11 tricks and routines that are nice and very visual....not mentioning the amasing(and usefull) The gravity half pass, here is a demo...

Gravity half pass

Nice look practicing!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results