Best Card Controls

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I have a control that uses the tenkai.
So it looks as if i am putting the card on the deck but really..
I'm *looses train of thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I, too, like a good pass. A double undercut is good for surrounded situations, though. I like to use a sweet-looking false cut such as Molecule 4 or Mecka (taught in The Trilogy) after a control move. It always leaves the audience impressed and convinced that there is NO WAY you could have controled their card...:D

-Matt

Mine is BY FAR the Losing Control,by Lee Asher. Imagine a pass...with no movement whatsoever. It's in the center, close the spread, it's on top. B-E-A-UTIFUL control that fools both layfolk and magicians.

I use the Losing Control all the time unless I'm feeling a bit 'fourishy', when I'll do the Swing Swivel control. I forget where I learned it, but it looks pretty cool.

Sep 30, 2007
I'm having trouble with the Ego Slip though. They always see it go on top, even though i try to get the timing right. I love the idea of just putting it on top.

Aug 31, 2007
Losing Control!

I also like the pass and the double undercut but the best control for me is by far the Losing Control by Lee Asher. It´s very easy to learn and very deceptive.

I highly recommend the Losing Control. I learned it and now use it about 90% of the time I need to control cards. It is SO deceptive and SO practical - it's a control that you are BOUND to use. The fact that it's mechanically simple and very easy is a bonus. It might take a little while to get down super-smoothly like Lee Asher does it, but you could easily be doing this control deceptively with 20 minutes of practice and be fooling EVERYONE - magicians and laymen alike.

Here's a little mini-review that Jon Rice wrote about it for a little more information
The Losing Control is one of if not my favorite "real world" card control. It is hard to go into detail on what it looks like, but it is extremely fair. So let's see..

Is it worth $25?

This is mainly personal preferance. To me: Yes. I have gotten so much use out of this control that it has in effect "paid for itself." The CD is not the highest quality in the world, but it is a fairly entertaining production teaching a great move as well as many variations.

Is it practical?

Again, YES. This is the most practical card control I have ever used. It is all in the hands (for the original control), is clean as can be for the most part, and works in various situations. It is a control that you are BOUND to use.

How difficult is this?

Assuming you are proficient with a pack of cards, the mechanics of the control are quite simple. The motions themselves are not difficult. However, finding the most natural beat and style for yourself can be a bit of work, as well as working up the guts to do it. It is a bit bold, but after you perform it the first time, you will realize that if done correctly, no one will even suspect any moves (which makes for perfect magic)

What seperates it from the rest of the crowd?

I think the major difference is the natural look, flow, and feel of the control. The covering action is something that makes sense, rather than a bunch of extra fiddiling or cutting the pack. Also the fact that technically it is not difficult is a bonus. However, be wary as when you first watch it on video, you may not be as impressed as you should be. This is something to be done live.

Anyways, if you want a practical move, take a plunge and buy it. It has served me well since I purchased it, and only continues to sustain my opinion of Lee's products.

Hope this helps!

J.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I like to use my control/switch called the Reliable Switch, or just a good old ego slip. It's funny but I'm a pretty advanced magician but I cannot do a decent pass. It kind of sucks...
//David.Misner::

E

elliotcarver

The Lepaul jog control.
After it I do a double undercut variation from LePaul to get it on top.
It's so convincing because you can really push the card in the fan, really deep.
I'm also going to check Lee Asher's losing control.
That guy is full of superb idea's.

Elliot Carver

could someone link me to the lee asher control preveiw video as i wanna see it in action before i buy it
Lee had one up on his website at one point, but it was taken down because people were figuring it out after multiple viewings.

You'll just have to trust me (us, Jon + I) that it is a KILLER control that is easy and works in real life situations. Like Jon said, if you want a practical move, take a plunge and buy it.

It would also be good for you to learn a side steal. I know that Luke Jermay has a new download out called, I believe it is called "Multiple Shifts". I have looked throughout the download around a week back and it has a lot of invisible controls to where you can control cards to the top, bottom, or center of deck. I recommend that!

Also, if you don't know about the cascade control, look into learning that. Don't forget about learning how to execute pass moves like the half pass and others. I use the turnover pass, which I don't see others really use. I feel it's wuite underrated, it is a very good pass when done right. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results