My Confession

This was a confession I orignally posted at Ellusionist. I thought some of you might like to read it.

(ORIGNALLY POSTED ON ELLUSIONIST.)

Members and Staff,
I have a confession that some of you may find funny and others may find bad or ignorant.

If anyone remebers, there used to be someone on this forum called "davidblainefan". He was constantly being bashed for having misinformation from time to time and also acting like a wannabe moderator. Eventually he became cocky and posted a couple of very, VERY racially insensitive as well as rude reviews and posts. The cause of this was unknown.

I have known the answers as to why he did it for a while and have only just know decided to come out with what I know. So here it is...

Davidblainefan, joined the forums with the attitude that he was the coolest thing around. He wanted to become a moderator desperately and never would stop reporting posts and telling people what they were doing wrong here. People were sick of it and began to tell him off and dislike him. Realizing this he began to get frustrated and make rude posts.

One day he decided that he would make a very rude post regarding "How to do Street Magic" and a very racially insensitive review of "The Axis Change." He thought it was funny and thought nothing of it until he turned his computer the next day... He was Banned for good with no chance of coming back.

Quickly he emailed a administrator here and played it off as if he had done nothinbg wrong. He also told them that it was his older brother that must have hacked his account just to mess with him. Regardless he did not get the account back.

He suddenly had an idea... He cleared his internet history, cleared all the old internet quickviek files, and cleared the internet cookies. Then he made a new account called "Dylan P." He was in again. But not even for more than an hour before he was found out and deleted again.

He gave it 2 das then made 2 new accounts. The first, I forget the name, was deleted very quickly, however the second account was never used and sat untouched for 3 months. After that 3 month period he tried to log in under the untouched account. It worked and he has been using it for months without getting caught. Today I will reveal that accounts name for all to see. That account that was untouched was...

Magicfreak753

That's right... I am davidblainefan, I am Dylan P., I am the one who's name I forget, and now I am magicfreak753. and I am sorry for the bad things I have done in the past.

But during that 3 month period where this account lay dormant I learned something. I began wandering, looking for other sites where I could discuss magic... I found T11.

There I got a better understanding of why exposure was bad, why what I did was wrong, and how to improve my magic. I felt like a new magician who was ready for another chance. I came back here. I began to share knowledge with people. And for once I was positve. And I am sure that if you look at my posts you will find that I am a much better person now and that I am helpful and stay positive. Thank you...

Well, give me whatever punishment you see fit. But, I just couldn't live this lie anymore. I had to let everyone know. And you know what? I have actually taught everyone something today... No matter how bad you are at first, you can always change.

I did.
MagicFreak

(Some of "davidblainefan's" posts can still be found. Just search "davidblainefan.")
(END OF ORIGINAL THREAD.)

Thought you guys might want to read that. It also makes me feel better to come clean.

Dylan P.

I believe in second chances. What you did was really immature, I hope you remember that. Also, remember, it's just the internet. No need to hide behind a screen and a username to do really immature things over the internet. That's post modernism at its finest.

Good luck, hope everything works out bud. I for one have been a situation similar to yours, and I'm glad I got a second chance, I realized that it's just the freaking internet.

Mitch

Jul 14, 2008
It seems that Theory11 changed your life and your perspective, it's good to see you as a changed person and hopefully to keep it that way in the future as well.

Oct 24, 2007
I believe in second chances. What you did was really immature, I hope you remember that.

Yes Mitch, it was very immature. But, I would like to point out for everyone, it took a lot of maturity and guts to post a confession on a public forum. I mean, not that anyone knows him in person, but it's still not easy. I applaud you for that Dylan P. Being truthful always gets you places! But, as Mitch said, don't forget how it happened. ;) Do that, and you'll be fine.

Tyler

Nov 17, 2007
Well, I haven't been around the magic community long enough to see exactly what you did in the past, but judging from your post, it seems like you were just a young kid who didn't know exactly how to act on the internet. I'm sure anyone who reads your post will forgive you.

You have my eternal forgivness.

Sep 30, 2008
For my next miracle, I will make my previous post in this thread vanish. Oh wait, a mod already did that...

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
All right, I can't hold back any longer- I believe you, yes you Dylan, you hypocritical [insert naughty word of your choice here], brought up MY account at E, and things I had done over there, and tried to insult me using that. Grow up, and practice what you preach.

Jan 19, 2008
I dont know what to say...this is just bizzare. I dont think that was nessacary for what you did ut um ok...Also i dont think you should be forgived like that you have to work to get your respect back.

All right, I can't hold back any longer- I believe you, yes you Dylan, you hypocritical [insert naughty word of your choice here], brought up MY account at E, and things I had done over there, and tried to insult me using that. Grow up, and practice what you preach.

I am not quite sure what you mean. At first you say that you believe me then you say that you don't?

I am simply confused, sorry. Also, what do you mean about your E account or something. I am just lost. Sorry again.

Dylan P.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I am not quite sure what you mean. At first you say that you believe me then you say that you don't?

I am simply confused, sorry. Also, what do you mean about your E account or something. I am just lost. Sorry again.

Dylan P.

Wait... that wasn't you. Crap, I'm a big piece of [insert naughty word of your choice here]. My bad dawg- I'll go edit my post. I feel like such a jerk.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results