Best Invisible Palm

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
That is the best invisible palm routine I've ever seen.
I wonder if it was somehow edited though because that last appearance of the fourth card could be a trick in itself.

Jun 11, 2008
all were amazing, when i first saw W:H do it, i fell in love, though i've been looking in books, and dvd's and can't find it,
i've been dying to learn something new, and i know this is it, anyone know where i can learn it, and who's routine is the best of the best?

gavinross

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
toledo, ohio
all were amazing, when i first saw W:H do it, i fell in love, though i've been looking in books, and dvd's and can't find it,
i've been dying to learn something new, and i know this is it, anyone know where i can learn it, and who's routine is the best of the best?

Ive got two good sources for the invisible palm. 1st is a book, Paul Harris's "Art of Astonishment Volume 3." 2nd (if you prefer a DVD) would be Bill Malone's "On the Loose vol 4"
And while we're on the subject, someone correct me if im wrong, but didnt W:H do a video on it, like a 1-on-1 or something? I cant seem to find it now. Anyway, hope this helps!

Mar 29, 2008
Wow, the Invisible Palm thread...interesting.

Are we talking about the best one? I would then ask - for what situation? Although, the first post - the guy was really clean and doing some high end handling that looked very nice...it wouldn't have looked like that from any other angle than the one he gave us, he couldn't have done it surrounded, he needed a close up mat and to be seated to ensure the handling was clean.

This to me does not make it usable to audiences - so how can it be considered the best? Is this guy good - yes he is, but only to us or those that watch his videos (although, I am sure he is good at magic in general) - but can we mislead each other to believe "this is the best", and you should do what he does for people - I don't think so, as I see his as a competition piece more than a worker's piece. We see it as magicians and get excited, but this is the wrong reason to want to learn it.

The second one was essentially the same...just not as polished.

As for David Stone's, it's okay...I have seen many versions of this effect, but I think the original is the best. The kicker ending, I am not overly found of in the Stone routine...like the actual magic of the "invisible palm" is not enough.

Before I get a string of threads saying - whatever idiot, please read this:

Magic effects are supposed to progress - you shouldn't do something weaker, than the previous phase. You wouldn't start your ambitious by doing the "pop up" move, then follow it by putting it in the middle and showing it come to the top without the bend.

So, to believe the Stone effect is solid construction, you must believe that making a frigging card vanish and reappear with your hand REALLY empty, is NOT as good as making one card change...afterall, they never see the other 3 once you turn them face down. (there are handling out there where you get occasional glimpses of the original card throughout, but I think the same things apply) - a card changing is strong...but the vanish and reappearance is stronger in my opinion. This is an example of what Ortiz talks about, where a kicker can actually hurt the effect. I can see youth now flying through the vanishes, just to get to the kicker ending....which Stone must be doing, because his Rub-a-dub vanish is BARF on DONKEY FARTS! It is disgusting, I have never seen such a bad vanish - brutal! I know Stone rocks (get it?) but man, that move is FAR from solid!

Anyhow, Paul Harris' original version, is by far still a leader - but, like I said, I have seen some really great ones that are up amongst it - Eric DeChamp has one where "an extra hidden card" is exposed in his hand...and it is revealed to be a 10 of spades...and the 4 aces on the table change to the royal flush. Because you use the ace of spades at the end, you get many shows of the aces (as another red ace is used too).

Well - this is starting to feel like exposure, so....

THE END.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results