Help with flourishes by d+M

Aug 27, 2008
Singapore
does anyone have any tips for the flourish Symphony in Motion?? i cant get the rotating part right (the first packet that is rotated by the index n middle finger of both hands). the packet would always fall off or 'knocks' into the deck.
Secondly, Malice in Lethal involves a backhand spread n throw them back on the deck, similar to twisted rain. does anyone have any ideas to get it land nicely?? isit due to the irregular spread or the method of throwing??
And lastly, anyone figured out the flourish in cameo 3?? or is there a video posted somewhere?? i am grateful if someone replies to these question. thanks

Jul 14, 2008
Try practising with the half deck because it helps you to rotate the packet around, once achieved, try using with a full deck. About the backhand spread, try to go slow.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Symphony: Surprised you have trouble with this. This was one of the easiest I found... haha. Well just use a really clumpy deck and watch the vid in slowmo till you get it right haha.
Malice: The throw, There isnt much to say but I would say its the way you throw it. It needs to go up straight. No angles. Try to get the spread to go up as horizontally as possible.
Cameo: No idea. practice? haha sry

Jun 10, 2008
Keene, TX
The armspread is tricky because you have to flip over the spread. But the trick is to throw the spread to your left(if the spread is on your left arm).

May 8, 2008
England
I can't help with the last two...

With Symphony try extending you're index finger out and away from the deck. Sorather than just bringing it up, up and outward. Just ask if you don't get what I mean.

Also watch what he does with his fingers, it's important you get that bit right.

Finally when you start off in end grip move your fingers close together. I do it so that I can take the top packet with my finger in the middle, while still keeping the rest of the pack held firmly.

So experiment with finger positions, for the rotation and the end grip.

Good luck :)

-S

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Symphony just takes lots of practice, watch the video over and over again until you get it.
once you get you its easy, i do it ever time i pick p a deck of cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results