Packet Tricks?

Nov 29, 2008
Hey, guys first post here im kinda new to the forum, and i have only been doing magic since the summer. I know several packet tricks, mostly Roy Walton Effects but thats not really the point. I was curious, if anyone out there uses packet tricks in their routines? If so, how would you introduce a packet trick into a routine, without showing your audience you setting up the packet beforehand? DO you just pull out a packet you have in your pocket, or do you just base your whole routine off packet tricks so it seems to flow more?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
This n' That (Color Monte)
Reset (many versions)
5 speed (Well the last half is a packet trick)

Those are basically the only ones i use. For 5 speed, the trick automatically flows into the packet. For reset, its impromptu so you can introduce the cards cleanly. For color monte, i take it out of my pocket or i search throught the deck for an ace, a king, and a joker and then start it. For 69, i can't tell you cuz it'll be exposure.

Sep 1, 2007
I do Twistin's from the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings. Also, Syd Segal has some really good ones, so check out his work.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
There needs to be flow from one trick to the next, therefore I would start with say, A Tribute to Lennart Green (Zenneth Kok) which leaves me with two four of a kinds. Then i could either just do Reset or start with that Lee Asher trick (the one where the packets switch), then do Transpozition and finish with Reset.

Attaining a smooth flow is key for a decent routine.

Sep 1, 2007
I just pull the cards required for the trick right out of the deck I'm using for the rest of the performance. Here are a few I use:

Twins
Dr. Daley's Last Trick
Jumping Gemini
Color Monte

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I perform the Royal scam which ends clean and should be preset and I take it out straight from my wallet which I have funny interesting patter for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results