Beneath the Surface

Apr 28, 2008
The steal was really obvious, it seemed like there was no attempt to even hide what you were doing, you basically just lifted it up of the deck and shoved it into Tenkai. Also, I think the cutting and shuffling went on too long, there was 2 shuffles and about 5 cuts, this really isn't necessary.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
sorry bud, this was not too clean

when you steal it in performance...........wait.............

you dont have to do the steal as soon as you point to the deck, you are allowed to slow down the trick. I recommend learn the one handed top palm, it is a very good move.

i really liked your controls and style of performance, great trick, keep up the good work!

Aug 5, 2008
You have a lot of stuff to work on:
1. Your breaks are BIG.
2. You dont have to do that exaggerated motion to get a card jogged.
3. Your obvious flash.
4. The less you shuffle the deck the better,

Don't take this as a bad comment but as constructive criticism. Keep it up.

Nov 23, 2008
Kansas
I caught it, but couldn't do it as well as you. The top palm would be alot easier I think. Overall much better then I could do. Good work!

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the feedback. I'll admit the tenkai was the weakest part of the trick, mostly cuz i really didnt know another way to get a card in tenkai. :(

You shouldn't have filmed it if you know you can't do it properly.

I'd recommend looking into either the Mad Tenkai Steal by Daniel Madison in the Three lecture notes of the Clip Shift by Chad Nelson. Both are great ways to steal a card into Tenkai with one hand.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
You shouldn't have filmed it if you know you can't do it properly.

I'd recommend looking into either the Mad Tenkai Steal by Daniel Madison in the Three lecture notes of the Clip Shift by Chad Nelson. Both are great ways to steal a card into Tenkai with one hand.

Ya i may take this down. I only filmed this cuz a friend of mine on these forums taught it to me and he wanted to see a performance. I'll wait till he sees this, then i'll practice more and redo it.

Thats for all the constructive critism. At least none of you said "YOU SUCK!!!! QUiT mAgiC yOu MoROn!@!!@#@$@#321"

Nov 12, 2008
Hey Magicshadow9. U suck!!! Quit magic you moron.... just kidding...haha. Ok ill stop now. About the effect. You have to make the steal better by pushing the card over while in left-hand dealing grip with your thumb anglejogging it, but while your left hand comes over it and SMOOTHLY picks up the top card. This should all be done in the action of picking up the the box, which should be on your top-left.

Hope this helped. Good luck with your next try. If I get time I will post one of my performances as a thread or PM.( I took the other one off.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results