Dai Vernon / My Bad Day

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
So I was at a party and it was just one of those day I know you all have had it were your tricks just don't happen FLASHES everywhere cards flying up and down just not my night :p I wasn't performig for money that was the good thing, my tricks went down hill flow bummed so if you have it you can imagine what happened :p I dropped my extreme burn gimmick in pure performance I mean I felt awful about my tricks thankfully my ACR did not suck and that gave the perfect closer even though I don't close with that one but just needed to get away lol.. so I was pretty bummed the rest of the night well in the magic aspect and then my friend saw how I was all down and stuff and he showed me a vid I don't know if many of you have seen this its from the professor its a cups and balls routine that goes wrong at the end and that just hit me right there. no matter how great you are S%&t happens even to the great ones like Vernon I dunno but that made me feel like its ok if you mess up ones in a while no one ever perfects anything and that got me eager to perfect my craft to the point were it happens less often. so I dunno I wanted to share this story with you guys

this is the vid of the professor hope you guys can take something from this clip as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfOwp6FhEg4&feature=related

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
So I was at a party and it was just one of those day I know you all have had it were your tricks just don't happen FLASHES everywhere cards flying up and down just not my night :p I wasn't performig for money that was the good thing, my tricks went down hill flow bummed so if you have it you can imagine what happened :p I dropped my extreme burn gimmick in pure performance I mean I felt awful about my tricks thankfully my ACR did not suck and that gave the perfect closer even though I don't close with that one but just needed to get away lol.. so I was pretty bummed the rest of the night well in the magic aspect and then my friend saw how I was all down and stuff and he showed me a vid I don't know if many of you have seen this its from the professor its a cups and balls routine that goes wrong at the end and that just hit me right there. no matter how great you are S%&t happens even to the great ones like Vernon I dunno but that made me feel like its ok if you mess up ones in a while no one ever perfects anything and that got me eager to perfect my craft to the point were it happens less often. so I dunno I wanted to share this story with you guys

this is the vid of the professor hope you guys can take something from this clip as well

Thanks for the vid! Next time, though...some punctuation, spacing, and a bit more flow to what you say. I can't...follow at all.

-ThrallMind

Webby

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
Thanks for the vid! Next time, though...some punctuation, spacing, and a bit more flow to what you say. I can't...follow at all.

-ThrallMind
There goes Thrallmind, he could find a flaw in any post, even to a magician that's down in the dumps! Attaboy Thrally! Let's all excuse him now, he has to go kick a dog!!!

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

I liked a lot the vid, thanks for posting man.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I think Dai Vernon made a mistake because of his memory (he forgot to switch the last ball), not because of his skill :)
Thanx for the video anyway, it is inspiring in a way...

Something not so similar, but can relate to, happened to me two days ago at a party... All of my tricks went very well, but my closer just didn't work because of the same reason that Dai's didn't lol
It was Derren Brown effect from Devil's Picturebook DVD 2, when the spectator is dealing the invisible deck, until finally he is left with only one card... I knew what his card was, but i didn't concentrate enough, and in a speed i took the other card from the deck (i knew it was the 5D, but in a speed i pulled the 7D)... So the trick didn't work, and i got depressed...

But i learned from that expirience and i hope it wont happen again...

Sno matter how great you are S%&t happens even to the great ones like Vernon I dunno but that made me feel like its ok if you mess up ones in a while no one ever perfects anything and that got me eager to perfect my craft to the point were it happens less often. so I dunno I wanted to share this story with you guys
The most important thing is to leave them entertained. There is also a Vernon story in the Magic Castle where he was going to turn the card face up to reveal the selection, he asked "what was your card?", spec answered "queen of spades", when Vernon turned the card face up, the moment silent made it clear that Vernon missed the card, Vernon said "Now thats not the queen of spades and believe me there no one in this room more disappointed than I am!" The room was full of laughter, everything went well.

Thats the Professor for you.

Cheers,

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
The most important thing is to leave them entertained. There is also a Vernon story in the Magic Castle where he was going to turn the card face up to reveal the selection, he asked "what was your card?", spec answered "queen of spades", when Vernon turned the card face up, the moment silent made it clear that Vernon missed the card, Vernon said "Now thats not the queen of spades and believe me there no one in this room more disappointed than I am!" The room was full of laughter, everything went well.

Thats the Professor for you.

Cheers,

That's fantastic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results