Deck durability

Sep 1, 2007
It depends on how much they show the abuse. I usually change once I notice they start grouping or they feel like they have been beaten pretty hard. If I notice they are separating too much during a DL or something I will usually leave them alone for a few weeks and go back to them. This has allowed me to lengthen the time with which I can use a deck. I have some Lions that seem to be the Energizer bunny. 7-months now (Daily for 3 months straight). Used them for everything, cardistry, effects, practice, etc.

May 8, 2008
England
I have some Lions that seem to be the Energizer bunny. 7-months now (Daily for 3 months straight). Used them for everything, cardistry, effects, practice, etc.

Ok, I'm getting some. :)

I mainly use regular bikes and they last me just other a month, however this varies depending on how much I perform and if I flourish with them. Normally I flourish with a different pack though...

-S

Nov 19, 2008
I have some Lions that seem to be the Energizer bunny. 7-months now (Daily for 3 months straight). Used them for everything, cardistry, effects, practice, etc.

do you mean split spades or what? I would love to get some of those if they last that long.

Sep 20, 2008
my lions are my practice deck.

ive had them since september, and they literally take a beating. they got wet, dropped ice cream on a few cards and i consitently drop them on my lovely floor everytime i try and do that god forsakened jackson 5. (insert long rant about how hard it is over here, specially Madonna.)

Anywho, im giving my black lions a rest. they're feeling quite soft recently actually, not as snappy, not as stiff. bad for some stuff (multi packet flourishes) , good for some stuff. (Le paull spreads, under pressure)

Lions are quite sturdy, im buying a few more of those.

Edit: note that they're the first pack of split spade lions that i bought, and im in love with em =]

Nov 2, 2008
How do Dan and Dave's Smoke and Mirrors decks compare to split spades for durability, they both look awesome and i wanted to buy one or the other, if split spades last 7 months i might have to get those, although smoke and mirrors have the sexiest back design

Nov 10, 2007
How do Dan and Dave's Smoke and Mirrors decks compare to split spades for durability, they both look awesome and i wanted to buy one or the other, if split spades last 7 months i might have to get those, although smoke and mirrors have the sexiest back design

In my opinion I think the Smoke and Mirrors are better but that comes down to my personal opinion other people will think differently.

Sep 1, 2007
1. I didn't mean to turn this thread in to a Split Spades commercial. Sorry for that.

2. I don't have a set of S&M to compare. I'm also not sure how my Lions have lasted as long as they have. I try to keep them under pressure when not in use (either porper clip or under the weight of some heavy books). I don't typically bend them and if I do I take the bend out immediately. I take care of them as best as I can, but I do abuse them when I am practicing. They are definately a workers deck. Looking at who created them what would you expect?

Again, I feel that everyone is different. I have a friend who destroys decks in a matter of hours (Although, I'm not exactly sure how :confused: ) I tend to be able to keep decks for long periods of time, because I tend to alternate them when I notice they are starting to loose their snap. I think this is the biggest help as it gives them a few weeks off to get back to normal.

Sep 20, 2008
i too havent got an S&M deck to play around with.

But lions are definitely better in terms of durability compared to bees and bikes!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results