Cardini Change

Aug 27, 2008
Singapore
Does anyone knows where can i get a detailed cardini change tutorial?? i cant seems to excute the change properly and 90% of the time i end up pulling half the deck

Sep 2, 2007
London
The change was originally in Jean Hugard's Card Manipulations series (Number 3 to be precise), now more usually found compiled in book form. What source are you learning it from at the moment?

Jul 16, 2008
dan and dave buck are teaching it are there new dvd and avene please do not go near daniel graci project 1 for the ego change he ripped off the cardini

dan and dave buck are teaching it are there new dvd and avene please do not go near daniel graci project 1 for the ego change he ripped off the cardini
Leaving common misconceptions aside, the change Garcia teaches is different from the Cardini change is many aspects. Check the sources.

While the basic mechanic/concept goes back to a move in Greater Magic used to control a card, the details of the move is quite different ( hand grip, the finger doing the action and the context .. ). I've heard alot of arguments, but checking myself, I find that there are slight differences in details that contribute to making it effective as a color change ( I'm talking about ego ), so concerning this issue in particular, thats what I decided to believe.

Please avoid making such arguments with no real foundation of knowledge. Educated arguments are most welcome ( and appreciated ), uneducated ones only cause alot of unneeded problems, rumors and misconceptions, which at the end comes at a price of making a magician's reputation bad, for no good reason. its easy to throw rumors online, please avoid this, making the online community more healthy and reliable.

Cheers,

Nov 10, 2007
The cardini change is just all about practice when I started practicing that would happen to me if you practice a lot you will get it down. Trust me.

Nov 23, 2008
There have been loads of variations of the Cardini. I believe the Cardini wasn't even the original, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyway, get a small thumb break below the top card, it should stop half the deck flying off with it.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
idk.
I learned it from the Trilogy from Dan and Dave.

But trust me, it's all about practice. I use to pull down pretty much the whole deck too, and if I didn't, I pull like 2 or 3 cards down. Just keep practicing and you'll get it. :)

Sep 2, 2007
London
While the basic mechanic/concept goes back to a move in Greater Magic used to control a card, the details of the move is quite different ( hand grip, the finger doing the action and the context .. ).

Just on a point of historical interest, what move in Greater Magic are you referring to? Also, and I may be wrong here, I thought the original Card Manipulations series came out around 1934-1935 and Greater Magic was published later in 1938. Or are you saying that Garcia's move goes back to Greater Magic?

Or are you saying that Garcia's move goes back to Greater Magic?
Yup, the concept of p***ing (NOT r****ing ala Cardini) is there, not as a color change, but as a control, very similar to published move known as Wow control.

I was'nt talking about the Cardini, as its a totally different mechanism.

I'll have to ask around to get the exact name, I got this info about 2 years ago. It was called ******* pass ( ***** = a name.. )

Cheers,

UPDATE: The name is Pugh's Pass if my memory serves ( both name and spelling ). Also, in Vernon's Ultimate Secrets, its used as a top palm by M.Rooklyn. I was told long time ago that Steranko used the mechanic as a steal too, but I don't have the book to check that.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
London
Thanks for that Medifro. The move must be in the 1994 expanded edition of Greater Magic, because I can't find it in mine. Anyway, in case you're interested, Steranko's move is called the Shadow Steal, which he also indicates can be used as a colour change, but in a very different way from the Cardini change or the Ego change.

Aug 27, 2008
Singapore
i originally learnt the Cardini in tivo2.0 in the book Sleightly Magical by dan and dave, after that when i tried to do the queens, half the deck was pulled when i do the change. My tivo is pretty decent cos the outjogged card acts as a cover for the incomplete cardini

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results