In need of a coin routine!

Feb 15, 2008
Hmmm... One coin? I like to do simple stuff like vanishes, one coin transpo, and then move on to more impossible stuff like coin on shoulder and coin under watch. With three coins, I can do TONS. Production, short 3fly and then my very own 3 coin vanish (sleeveless :D)

If you're interested in my 3 coin vanish, PM me!

Ever heard of the book stand up coin power written by Eivind Lowig? The pentium consept look unreal if done correctly! I actually met Evind 2 weeks ago and he showed me the trick! I was really blown away! I bought his book so I now know how it's done. But the beauty of the trick is that it can be done topless and in your shorts, you can even clap your hands! completly impromtu and the coin is GONE! I thinks it's only sold in america but you can probably order it online!
It is however expected that you know some basic coin magic

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 29, 2008
I find it funny how many people on this site recommend "Bobo's coin magic" - yet, I wonder how many have truly read it...or even use the material in it. After all, the magic in it - not so "modern" - I do see it as a nice book for foundations, but much growth has happened in coin work.

I find it a real indicator that the topic of starting coins and learning coin magic can't progress past - "get bobo's book" - yet, I hardly see anyone display knowledge from that book. Oddly, I find this true with cards in Expert at the Card table and Card College - more people recommend it on principle, rather than understanding the principles.

Anyhow - I believe it is a good recommendation. That being said - I think much growth has happened based off that book, and if you do have this foundation - look for magic that will help you connect.

Sorry about this tangent - just thinking out loud.

Cheers.

Aug 31, 2007
David Roth's Expert Coin Magic and CoinMagic by Richard Kaufman are good, encyclopedic type books that are more modernized if you are interested. The descriptions are good enough for even someone starting in coin magic, imo.

Feb 15, 2008
I find it funny how many people on this site recommend "Bobo's coin magic" - yet, I wonder how many have truly read it...or even use the material in it. After all, the magic in it - not so "modern" - I do see it as a nice book for foundations, but much growth has happened in coin work.

I find it a real indicator that the topic of starting coins and learning coin magic can't progress past - "get bobo's book" - yet, I hardly see anyone display knowledge from that book. Oddly, I find this true with cards in Expert at the Card table and Card College - more people recommend it on principle, rather than understanding the principles.

Anyhow - I believe it is a good recommendation. That being said - I think much growth has happened based off that book, and if you do have this foundation - look for magic that will help you connect.

Sorry about this tangent - just thinking out loud.

Cheers.

Very well said, sir. I have to say, though, I HAVE read bobo's book. Twice, I think. I DO use material inside it, but only some. I learn every single trick, but I practice a few. Why? Because you MUST read through the whole damn thing and pick out the ones you like! That's what makes professionals pro, and amateurs noobs (no offence :)) That's why these threads are pointless. Did you see that online magic thing - How to be awesome? Or I think it's called something else, IDK. There's a thread on here too. In the first episode, the guy really talks about this, and I have to agree with him. Great stuff. Search it.

Sorry if I didn't make this understandable. :D

EDIT: For you people who don't know what the search button is: http://vaude.tv/time-to-be-awesome-1.html

Mar 29, 2008
Good points RX - nice to hear that book is actually being read!! Very valuable book. Time to be awesome...is, well, awesome - for a lack of better words.

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results