Rare Coin I Found

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
This topic isn't really related to coin magic. It's about a coin I found, and couldn't find an answer for my question anywhere else.

As I was going to work, and was walking through the doors, I found a silver dollar from 1886, with the words E, pluribus, unum, does anyone know what it's worth?

I showed it to a few people, and they told me that a coin that old should be worth a lot.

Sep 3, 2007
That is a Morgan Silver Dollar. Named after the designer. An 1886 in Mint State 65 (that is the best you can get) will range about $100-$200 depending on where you go. This one is obviously not Mint, you could proboably expect anywhere from $30-$60 for this one.

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
That is a Morgan Silver Dollar. Named after the designer. An 1886 in Mint State 65 (that is the best you can get) will range about $100-$200 depending on where you go. This one is obviously not Mint, you could proboably expect anywhere from $30-$60 for this one.

better clean that mofo with some window cleaner lol

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
I've found many of these in the low 20s at antique stores, though I'm not sure any were as old as yours. I have on of my own from 1898 I believe, and it is hands down my favorite coin. If you are considering selling it, I recommend you try some coin magic with it first. At least to me they feel perfect for the job.

Quite a nice find, I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do with it.

Peace
:)

May 9, 2008
I have an 1882 Morgan Dollar, in mint condition it would be worth about $40,000. However it's not quite mint, but it's in really good condition. An authorized dealer offered $700 for it, so that tells you that it's at least worth 5 times that. Not bad! I really like the morgan dollar, but there is another silver dollar from the early 1900's that is REALLY cool.

May 24, 2008
I have an 1882 Morgan Dollar, in mint condition it would be worth about $40,000. However it's not quite mint, but it's in really good condition. An authorized dealer offered $700 for it, so that tells you that it's at least worth 5 times that. Not bad! I really like the morgan dollar, but there is another silver dollar from the early 1900's that is REALLY cool.

If you can get that much, sell it, then get a nice dean's set from Jamie Schoolcraft

Oct 5, 2008
New York
Hold on to the coin for a few years and see if the price goes up. Nice find! The oldest coin I've found is from only 1932:D

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
magic warehouse sells them really cheap, i have several morgan's ranging in age and condition. i also have a morgan set from Schoolcraft, they are beautiful coins and perfect for magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results