Designing a deck...

Dec 23, 2008
For almost 2 years I just pondered about desgining a deck of cards. I've tried to create multiple designs in photoshop, and the end result came to be nothing other than a concept and an idea.

Coming to the realilization that an amazing deck of cards will look hideous if it is just made with the sole intent to be mere eye candy.

Which led me to the message and simplicity, an eloquent yet simple, sleek design glossy in appearance merged with the end result of my thoughts. Thoughts about society, religion, life, and even colour theory, those elements combined led me to my concept of the ideal deck of cards... The Ultra-Violet deck.

Now I won't go into detail how it would look if it existed or how the parts look that do. Instead I am sure that I am not the only one who does not feel satisfied with E and T11 decks (I still think they are amazing) due to the fact it doesn't feel like it carries my personality?

Made simple:
Does anyone else ever feel that even though a look might look awesome it lacks their own message?

How many people here can say Propaganda or Black Tiger's represent themselves? (Not to say that either of those decks are bad)

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yeah i guess i kinda feel that way too. I love custom decks and the only deck that i can sorta identify with is the ghost deck. Which i love and use all the time. With other decks like centrions or guardians there is a sort of distance between me and the deck..like it shouldn't be in my hands.
lol. i know this sounds super cheesy but it's true! and no, i do not have any emotional connections to decks of playing cards.

I totally agree. That's one of the reasons I don't use custom decks. I mean, some are really beautiful and elogant with their designs, and some of the art is extrordinary, but it doesn't feel right when using them. I just feel like there's no point of feeling accomplished with this deck. It's not me, it's really cool, but has nothing to do with me, my personality and my magic.

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
i hav many custom decks. like them just manly because of quality. i do feel th same way not any decks really reflect who i am. i myself hav thought about how would create my own custom deck.

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
haha good one.

youre welcome ;D

oh, and dedux, if you are really interested in trying a deck design created by yourself toy can do the desing and have the uspcc to print it. i dont remember the site but its something like customplayingcards or personalizedplazingcards.com. open a deck of bikes and there is a promo card about.

Dec 23, 2008
I've already looked into sites like that, they all seem pretty dull however. You just get to use a custom photo for the backs or etc...

Some reverse purple/pink Bicycle's I bought would have to be the best match for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results