Control

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you can perform it, yes. If you can't, you're wasting your money. By which I mean: Are you mature enough as a performer, and if you ask for silence in a group, will you get it? Do you know when to perform what? You need to be able to command a certain air of authority in order to set the mood correctly. Control is an amazing effect, but only when done well, and to be done well, it requires an astute performer. If you think this is you, then it'll kill.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I would buy it just for the entertainment alone. When Danny and Wayne are together, everything is funny as hell.

Feb 28, 2008
I love it... The Effect is simple, clean and safe which is awesome, but what makes the DVD a worthy purchase is how in depth it is with background of the trick, different ways to perform it, and as if the case with all W:H dvds, it's entertaining. So I strongly suggest picking it up... I don't think I'd ever do Thread in my act, but I'm thinking of getting it just because I like watching Houchin's DVDs.

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I myself own it but have yet to perform it. This only due to the fact that I don't really see myself pulling this off with my lack of skill in showmanship and misdirection. However, coming from someone who owns it yet does not use it, I can say that it was still worth the purchase as it has a clever method worth knowing and considering.

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I really like this effect, but because of it's serious and macabre nature, the opportunity to perform it does not come up all that often, however, when it does it is very much worth every penny for the effect. You really do need to build this trick up though like praetoritevong said, because if you just stop your pulse in a queue in the post office, no one is going to notice. that was a poor example but I think you can understand what I mean. You really need to make a big thing of it. Wayne explains all of this in the DVD. Do not worry about it. Just buy it.

Dec 24, 2008
Thankyou all. my father made me think that i wasnt getting it for christmas by saying that it sounds like it involves drugs or herbs of somekind. but yesterday on christmas i opend it popped it in and watched it. i was completely p*ssed off on how it was done, because ive heard rumors of how it was done.but when the dvd was over,i ended up loving it. i love every segment on the dvd. i like in the begining when danny g. is hiding behind wayne and just peeks around him. it reminds me of the movie step brothers whenever the go for job interviews. but i love the dvd. and i like the conversation that dexter has with wayne about how much power this effect can have on people and how it can change thier belief system.i have ben called the devil before,so i can see how one could change beliefs. and randall deserves a standing ovation.

Dear Jesus, please let me do magic for someone

thank you all for your replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 24, 2008
is it possible for 2 people to take your pulse at the same time??

thats a good question,but i dont think that you really can, unless you are very good at misdirection. i cant say very much without revealing the secret.

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I think that you could potentially have 2 people taking your pulse at once, but you would have to make sure that they had their hands in the right place. I do not really think it is important though. Does anyone else find that, with control, people keep counting along with the initial beat, even after you begin to slow it down?

Dec 24, 2008
I think that you could potentially have 2 people taking your pulse at once, but you would have to make sure that they had their hands in the right place. I do not really think it is important though. Does anyone else find that, with control, people keep counting along with the initial beat, even after you begin to slow it down?

i havent performed it yet,i am very nervous of performing it, because of the angles. when i watched randall perform it, you can see why one would be nervous.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results