Half vanish

Mar 27, 2008
Hey guys,
I'm having a lot of trouble with d+M's sandwich effect half.vanish. After I've vanished the selection, all the attention is on the deck and it's pretty hard to palm the cards undetectebly. So what do you do, do you use some special patter to get spectator's attention away for the deck, or something else??

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
A healthy tip is to shift your eyes towards the cards on the table. If you pay attention to/shift your eyes towards those cards, so will the audience; giving you ample time to work the sleights. ( Although I think you'r epost is bordering in exposure...)

A lot of begginers(I don't know if you are) forget to do this, and look directly at the place you don't want the audience looking at :rolleyes:

Try it out!

Gustav

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well, given that you don't actually see the cards being palmed per se, another good hint would be simply to do it in a very casual manner. Give it a few beats, pull your misdirection ninja, and do it simply as though you were switching hands/grips on the deck. That's all it is, repositioning the deck as you fiddle with it, it should be an offbeat, casual, afterthought action, like when you fiddle with cards in your hand without thinking about it.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
try your best to misdirect them. I usually point to the cards on the table asking if they saw me come over there and then I do the move.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
As im vanishing the top half of the card, I make "squeeze" that part of the card and bring my hand away from the deck.
90% of the time it works on taking attention away from the deck so I can get it into position.
After the vanish I ask if they saw the card go.They are looking at me during this not my hands.
And then Voila.

May 4, 2008
NYC
you can point to the cards on the table and say something like "did you see it jump to the aces?" or something along those lines. And then while they look at the aces, palm it and quickly cover your hand over the ace so that the spectator doesnt see the palmed cards drop, and then just drag it off the table.
Hope that helped.

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Turn the deck face up, then cop instead of palm and then look at the deck as you place it down to the side which should provide adequate misdirection to finish up

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I like to do it on the off-beat. I hold the deck in my right hand, holding a flesh break under the cards. Now in the motion of switching hands, I palm the cards and hold them with the same hand. Everyone else's advice was great too. Hope this helps.

Jan 14, 2008
philippines

or you can just ask them a direct question... and never look at the deck instead focus on the table... just be confident... be casual... dont let them know or sense your hesitation....

goodluck

neco

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results