All that terms... AAAAAAH

D21400

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
As I told a 100 times, I am really new in Flourishing.
I heard a lot (and i mean a lot) terms:
Sybil
Cut

What does it all means.

So my question is:
What terms are their and what do they mean?

Oct 19, 2007
well the sybil is a flourish

and flourishing are fancy cuts

and cuts are well cuts/ flourishes/ bleeding wounds

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
5 faces of sybil is a cut created by Chris Kenner and published in his book Totally Out of Control. The basic movements of this cut have been manipulated into thousands of different variations. Notable ones are Sybilism from Dan and Dave's Jackson 5, and What the Hell Happened to Sybil by Brian Tudor.

The basic Sybil Cut can be learned everywhere on youtube. Take a look at it and then see what variation you can come up with :).

-Kevin

Mar 19, 2008
My place!
yeah cardshark88 has a great tutorial on da tube

i find most of the terms are self explanatory, armspread,one handed cut, etc

if you feel like expandeding that list we'll tell you more :)

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
When you first start off in Flourishing there will be Sh*tloads of terminology.

If you purchase some flourishing DVD's you will realize that most flourishes have names because they look different.

Sybil is probably the most popular cut that most flourishers start out with and is the bread and butter move for more advance flourishing

D21400

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
Some explenation.
I'm from belgium and my english isn't that good. So some things I can understand just to read the words won't always help. Sorry guys

Wow, I wouldn't try to learn them all at once, most are self explanatory, some are just weird.
You should know stuff like fans and all that stuff
Packets - A clump of cards used in a flourish. ie, 5 faces of sybil has 5 packets
Packet displays - A flourish with multiple packets
One handed - Floursish done with one hand

I can't really think of many right now, but most you'll hear are just the name of cuts and flourishes, like eko, and jackson 5.

Don't lose sleep over not knowing the terminology, it took me a while.

Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
ok so...

a cut is just replacing the top packet with the bottem packet of the deck. But in flourishing you do that, but with many more packets.

Sybil is just the name of a certain flourish

ACR is ambitious card routine where a card is placed in the middle and jumps to the top

A shift is one teqnique you can use to bring a middle card to the top or where ever you want it in the deck

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results