Sweaty Palms

Aug 27, 2008
Singapore
Does anyone have sweaty palms here?? I mean those that really sweat, leaving the cards clumping after a while?? Does this shorten the lifespan of the cards?Because of this im having difficulty in fanning the deck. Any remedies that is quick and easy for such palms??

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Is this when it is just you practicing or when you are in front of audiences?

In front of audiences it could be your nerves making your hands sweat...this was the case with me until I had performed enough.

If it is when you are just practicing...hmmm...that is weird...you could try a tad bit of talcom powder on your hands. The only reason i know it helps is because I do balloon sculpting too and after I do a few balloons my hands are very dried out and work with cards very well.

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
cutting the deck after each fan will make it last longer if you have sweaty palms. this way the same card wont be exposed to your palm for too long.

My hands sweat whenever I hold anything. It's not nerves they just sweat. I never have a thin deck of cards. A bicycle deck almost doubles in size after I handle them for a day of serious practice. Powder works ok but usually it makes my hands too dry. I'm trying to find a good balance I'll let you know if I find something that works great.

Aug 27, 2008
Singapore
My condition is the same as you. Even when I am not touching a deck, my palm still sweat and after fiddling with the deck, its almost impossible to put them back in the box

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Wow, that's crazy. I thought I had issues with that when I first started but once I became comfortable with the deck it went away.

Talcom powder is the only real suggestion I remember seeing when I looked into this matter months and months ago. I believe there is a conversation about this over on the Ellusionist forums which has a lot of suggestions, I remember reading somewhere that Brad Christian suggest Talcom powder.

Apr 6, 2008
Same Here

I have the same problem. My hands get real sweaty when dealing with the cards for too long. :mad:

I hanen't really tried anything, I just wash my hands in really cold water - it helps for a bit!

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hm...
Some people have too sweaty, some have too dry... Which would you rather?
I honestly rather the sweaty.
To rid of sweat, have a hankerchief, or some talcum powder, or stay in air conditioned places, or dont get nervous.
If your hands are too dry though, then its really hard to fix it. Lotion just makes it smoother and water just wets it. Magicians want a specific amount of stick to their hands.

Just dont overdo your sleights and wipe every so often.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results