Dan Sperry's Crimson Custom Deck

Sep 1, 2007
Does anyone here own a pack? They look awesome, but I was just wondering how they fanned and all the good stuff. I don't want to spend money on deck of cards that are more for novelty than practical use, you know what I mean? :D

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Where can said deck be purchased?

EDIT: Look on his site. The decks aren't going to be released until 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Oops, my bad, I missed that little paragraph on his site talking about the delayed release. Thank you all for you help anyways! :D

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Hi- Can anyone be kind enough to post the front and back images of the deck.

My computer won't let me view the pictures,

It will be deeply appreciated.

-All the best,

KingOfSpades07

Sep 20, 2008
im guessing it'll be good for manipulation (fanning wise/palming etc) since Mr.sperry fan's a lot.

not too sure bout flourishing/sleight wise though?

http://dansperry.com/store/CardBack.jpg

Backs

http://dansperry.com/store/CardFronts.jpg

Faces

Personally, the backs are phenomenal. The faces however seem rather ehrm, ugly. to be precise. though the ace of spades is quite Phenomenal, not too keen on the court cards! They're look indexed- as in how it would look with jumbo cards.

Maybe its to produce blank fans smoother or something, dunno.

drippin' rubies

hey guys, the story of the crimson decks is a looooooooooong story - too long to go into here...basically the original decks were designed for myself for my personal use and to sell after my shows - I had a deck printing company i used and were fine with for what i wanted and needed but when I was approached by mjm they wanted to market these and we were originally going to go with my printer/producer overseas...but we felt the quality was not there for a mass marketed deck so we went with the USPC. These will be uspc cards of the best possible quality we can get, vinyl coating, etc etc - all that fun stuff - they should be pretty sick when they come out. They're definetly not for everybody - the face/court cards will be uspc standard etc etc - but yeah they are not for everybody the backs are a really busy semi-unsymetrical cluttered censory overload but if you're like me - since i designed them for personal use haha - they're for you as well! So yeah hope to have them ready to ship by mid january - i actually just sent another email to USPC before i saw this post haha...

In my e-mail says:

The wait is finally over!

Introducing the Crimson Deck by Dan Sperry! This regular deck of playing cards has been custom designed by Dan Sperry, and believe us when we say that they look AWESOME!

There is something mesmerizing about the dark red and black pattern of the deck which immediately draws your eyes to it. For anyone who knows Dan Sperry and his magic act, it’s very cutting edge and different than most run-of-the-mill performers. That same style and flare has been put into the Crimson Deck, right down to the embedded razor blades in the cards design.

Over one year in the making, you will immediately see the quality and effort put into making the Crimson Deck. Every detail has been painstakingly thought out, and we spared no expense in the production of this deck.

• Professionally Printed by the US Playing Card Company
  • Signature Air Cushion Finish for great handling and flourishes
  • Custom backs, two custom Joker cards, and an Amazing Custom Ace of Spades card!
  • Includes one free preview of the upcoming Silly Rabbit deck by Dan Sperry
Bottom line: these feel great in your hands and they look even better. Whether you're performing fancy flourishes or simply doing your favorite card effect, the Crimson Deck is simply a must have for anyone!

BRIEF HISTORY

Dan Sperry is a working professional Las Vegas magician and graphic artist. Back in November of 2008, Jeff Mash (owner of MJM Magic) had the opportunity to spend some time with Dan Sperry. It was then that he saw the Crimson Deck in design, and he was immediately blown away. On the spot, he offered to produce them with Dan and the rest is history!

After finalizing things with the US Playing Card Company and waiting for the process to finish, the cards were printed up in April 2009 and delivered for sale by May 1st.

LIMITED EDITION

We have only produced a few thousand of these decks, so you don't want to miss the chance to get one of these first edition Crimson Decks. There are no current plans to print anymore after this, so whether you're a card collector or you simply want a new look to your cards, you will want to pick some of these up. And for a limited time, we are offering special deals: Buy three or more at one time and save a dollar off each deck!

Make no mistake about it: the Crimson Deck is going FAST! There has been a shortage of good, custom designed decks in the market lately, and the Crimson Deck is like a breath of fresh air, ushering in a new generation of artistic card designs by someone who's a working professional and immersed in the industry we all know and love: MAGIC!

Buy Here: http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/the-crimson-deck-by-dan-sperry-p-9609.html

Also you're a returning customer and recieved discount codes before. You can use these codes to get discount.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I like the look of the deck... but I don't like how the 'A's on the ace of spades are both facing the same way... it bugs me lol. Cool, evil looking deck though, maybe I'll pick a couple up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results