Inspiration?

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
has there ever been a point in your life when you say "man whats the point in all this" or "what am i doing this for?" ....... im going thru that right now..i feel like that nobody cares about me or in **** in general like what if one day i just stopped doing magic and stopped spending my money on magic supplies... its not like anybody would care its not like the world would come to an end ..people wouldnt even notice im just like blaaah :( right now can some body give me some encouraging words that night help or if you went through this wat made you say "naw you know wat imma stick wit this"

ps. if you dont have nothin nice to say dont say nothin at all cuz the mood im in right now ..if i get pissed my account might get deleted ......sorry if that offended anybody..but yea

D

Deleted member 2755

Hello Ramo. We all have off days. Just don't worry about it. Put on some music and practice some magic. You'll get over it. Happy new years.

-Doug

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I felt this way when i bought Fast company. I first thought it was a complete waste and i thought that my magic would be at a dead end.

but i woke up the next morning, watched fast company again, and found that there are a lot of moves and tricks that are actually useful to me. And now i'm happy with my purchase.

The thing that keeps me going is that every day i get to perform at school at least 3 times a day. The exhilaration and satisfaction of my friend's reaction makes me want to keep on doing it.

Don't worry, we all have bad days. I'll bet you'll wake up tomorrow and feel "magical" again (sorry, couldn't find a better term).

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
We all have bad days sit back relax listen to some music, pull out the cards, coins whatever have a little practice or do you remember the magician that got you started that got you inspired to magic look him up on youtube watch some videos get re inspired and best off all

Dont Worry About It.

Tom

Mar 30, 2008
DC
I know what you are talking about man. I had the same feeling a couple months ago..i'll shoot you an inbox message.

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
When the going gets tough, you better keep on trucking and work hard. These things are challenges, and when you past these challenges, you become a stronger (like Kayne West!).

Anthony Nguyen

Dec 23, 2008
I personally think if you don't really want to perform magic then you shouldn't and vice versa...

If you really like magic then you shouldn't worry about other people. When I did magic last year at school, I got found out due to repeating tricks (which I don't do anymore) and I had to endure people making fun of my magic for a long while. It didn't bother me much, and now I perform better. Even when no one else cares, I still learn the trick to amaze myself with the skill.

However other people cannot change your own views, you need to decide yourself. Something you ought to think about is why you started magic to begin with.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Winston Churchill: "If you're going through hell.. keep going."

I would agree with that quote...except for the fact that it was Churchill who said it so I do not like it. lol. My high school is Winston Churchill's high school's rival so pretty much its back and forth between us on who was better (Churchill or our high school)..

But that's true..

Mar 14, 2008
If it gives you enjoyment, just stick with it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hi Ramo,

I want to share with you a quote that a friend showed me a little while ago. It's about theatre - some of the regulars who read my posts may know that I am an actor as well as a student and magician, so I love theatre, and I'm rather a performance theory buff. That said, have a look, it's a quote about providing an experience in theatre - they may not remember you per se and yet, this is what magic can do, this is what we do, this is what we strive for, this is what we can achieve, and I think that doing this once for anyone at all, or even getting close, is worth all the effort... It may not seem like much can matter... but I'll let the quote speak for itself now.

"When a performance is over, what remains? Fun can be forgotten, but powerful emotion also disappears and good arguments lose their thread. When emotion and argument are harnessed to a wish from the audience to see more clearly into itself - then something in the mind burns. The event scorches onto the memory an outline, a taste, a trace, a smell - a picture. It is the play's central image that remains, its silhouette, and if the elements are highly blended this silhouette will be its meaning, this shape will be the essence of what it has to say. When years later I think of a striking theatrical experience I find a kernel engraved on my memory: two tramps under a tree, an old woman dragging a cart, a sergeant dancing, three people on a sofa in Hell - or occasionally a trace deeper than any imagery. I haven't a hope of remembering the meanings precisely, but from the kernel I can construct a set of meanings. Then a purpose will have been served. A few hours could amend my thinking for life. This is almost but not qutie impossible to achieve."

~Peter Brook, The Empty Space

You're doing it for that moment, that meaning - and even if you don't hit that high mark, you entertain someone, and make them happy, astonish them, and that is a really beautiful thing. The woman who wouldn't otherwise have had a great memory that afternoon. Who wouldn't have had that great reaction. Who wouldn't have laughed, who wouldn't have smiled, who wouldn't have stayed up all night thinking about it, who wouldn't, in 20 years time, relate to your magic as an anecdote to her family and friends. I'll leave you to think about it - I'll analyse it closer if you'd like, but I'll leave it with you and just say this - I believe magic is inherently beautiful, and powerful. It's a beautiful thing we do, and it's a beautiful gift we have and a beautiful gift we can give to others.

Good luck with everything,

~praetoritevong

P.S - Note to all who read this: The book is brilliant, get it if you can.

Jul 29, 2008
Something one of my friends said was, "When the going gets tough, don't get going." Whenever I'm feeling like somethings to hard, I just think of the end or the reward or even why I did this in the first place and it makes me feel better. If you have ever made someones day better through magic, you already know the reason to stick with it, you don't need us to tell ya bud :p !

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
As Praetoritevong said - Think of their faces. Think of the expressions of pure astonishment you can and will get. How you can make somebody's day, how with what may seem like a normal day to you, somebody can have a lasting memory to talk about. Think of that, then tell me you don't feel motivated.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Welcome to Adolescence.

Think not of yourself, think of the smile on the spectator's face. The bond between performer and spectator. If that - if it's not enough to keep you going, then you're wasting your time.

It's ultimately your choice. To be, or not to be.

Go for your own inner peace bro.

Gustav

Dec 17, 2008
Just keep your chin up! If this is something you're into as much as the rest of us are, then you will get through it! Good luck man!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results