Share Your Version - Ambitious Card Routine

Sep 5, 2007
Well I was just offering a brain stretching excercise for the kids at home. I agree, double lifts all the way around, but sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself... to grow and think around problems. By stepping out of one's comfort zone, only then can your outlook and experience grow. (And sometimes skill)

In reply to your tilt idea, troo it's easy and effective (perhaps.. too easy?) but you could still do the same moves without a double lift. Imagine this if you will:

Doing tilt, and asking if they saw it come to the top. They of course say no and you show the top card showing it has not happened yet. Then performing some sort of move not usually used for this effect (In Your Face Change or One handed Top Palm) you can have them turn over the top card now. No double lift required.

Not saying it's wrong to use said DL.. I just like to poke people's brains with a stick sometimes.

Capice'?

I agree 100%. It's excersizes like these that take your magic in new places. I wonder how many people actually tried it.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Thought I bump (no pun intended) in and share my ACR. Here is a basic understanding of my ACR:

Pre-Routine:

Deck is examined and shuffled by spectator which is then promptly followed by selecting a card.

Phase 1: Card Jumps to the Top

Card is placed into the centre of the deck and left out jogged. The top card is shown to not be the selected card, as it is in the middle of the deck. The card is pushed flush to the deck and with absolutely no funny moves the top card is turned over. It is their selected card.

Phase 2: Card Jumps to the Top Again + Signed

The card is now signed by the spectator and is placed into the centre of the deck and left out jogged. The top card is shown to not be the signed card, as it is in the middle of the deck. The signed card is pushed flush to the deck and with absolutely no funny moves the top card is turned over. It is their signed card.

Phase 3: Card Visually Jumps to the Top + Face-Up

The signed card is yet again placed into the middle of the deck face-up and slowly pushed in. With a simple wave and a blink of the eye, the selected, signed face-up card visually appears face-up on top of the deck.

Phase 4: Card Visually Jumps to the Top Again + Sticker

A sticker is then placed on the back of the selected, signed card and signed with the spectator's initials. The card is yet again placed in the middle of the deck. With a simple flick of the deck, visually a sticker appears on the back of the deck, and as you guessed it...it's the spectator's signed selection.

Sleights Used: Triple Lift...Double Lift...Pass...Marlo Tilt + Ego Change

V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I have a short one, and a long one, so I'll post both.

SHORT:

P1: Card is selected, controlled to second to the top and shown to "magically" come to the top.

P2: Card is placed back into the middle, it then pops up to the top.

P3: Card is placed again into the middle (Marlo) and then comes back to the top.

P4: I then do Pixel for the final phase.

LONG:

P1: SAME AS SHORT

P2: SAME AS SHORT

P3: SAME AS SHORT

P4: I execute the "Pop up?" move (Forgot real name of it)

P5: I do a top change with there card whilst they lift up half the deck, I place it into the center of my half and it comes to the top of there half.

P6: I do another top change and place there card in my half again, outjogged. I then force a card from the other half of the deck and get them to sign the back "Top Card". It then turns into there card with a snap.

Told you it was fairly long.​

There my main two, but I always change it around a little bit due to different factors.

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
1. Card jumps to top (Marlo tilt)

2. Card jumps to top again (Double lift)

3. Card jumps to top :) (One handed pass to dl position)

4. Pop up move

5. Card jumps to top face up (Tilt & Erdnase color change)

6. Card to mouth

7. Paperclipped sometimes

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results