What do you bring?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Yeah, mine sag sometimes, not for the 'gangsta fashion' look I despise, but because I just hate being constrainted.

Gustav

Nov 8, 2007
In my pockets I carry a deck of cards (w/ some dupes), sharpie, and Quantum Bender 2. Everything else I carry that's magical is kind of "a part of me."

My wallet is a Real Man's Wallet (Card to Wallet) and inside I carry my business cards, Fraud Bills, Extreme Burn, and Loops.

I wear a silver ring (Ring Thing) and rubberbands on my wrist. I also have Departure Ring Flight on my keychain.

Most of my magic is impromptu, so with just that I can perform the majority of what's in my repertoire. And sometimes I throw an extra gimmick in my pocket--Branded, Lit, etc.

I'm all about packing small and playing big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
* little video camera
*1 deck of Regular cards
*1 deck of memorized Cards
*4 half dollars
* my card to wallet (which is my real one)
* Phone
* my ring
* Rubber bands
* Keys (i can do an impromptu "Haunted key"!)
* And i can do a bunch of impromptu magic also
* And my business cards

Z-Magic

Sep 22, 2007
I don't really like using gimmicks so I keep it simple:

-Deck of Cards
-One Duplicate
-Rubberbands on my Wrist
-Keys
-And Every Impromptu Trick I Know...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Sorry for being a party pooper and stuff but does it matter what we take with us when we go out? I mean, will this thread actually help us advance our magic at all? I apologise, but I notice this forum being increasingly clogged down with irrelevant threads that don't seem to interest anybody particularly and don't help in the slightest. I mean, the only post on this thread that might actually help somebody or make them think is Romeo's, and that only a brief pause, to be forgotten again by the distraction of a flying elephant or some other fun and amusing phenomenon. Fifty identical lists aren't going to revolutionize magic, I'm afraid. Sorry again, but this really does get to me. Carry on.

Well, Ive been studying up alot on impromptu magic so wether I carried any actual magic or not, even if i'm naked, I'd be ready. So I either learned/invented magic I could do with objects that I NEVER leave without. I figured, since I always have these with me all the time, it would only make sense as a magician to be able to do magic with them-

My Fingers
Pants with a belt- (especially after learning Dan Harlan's "Cold Blister")
Watch
Cell Phone
Fire Wallet- (I use it as my actual wallet, & could do bill magic)
Baggy pants-(Balducci/King Rising)

But if I do have an extra minute to grab extra stuff, addition magical accessories include-

Rubberband On My Wrist
Coin Purse With Silver Half Dollars
Cards

Future- Might get a Hinber Ring, so I'd always have a handy gimmick on me, & it would be in PLAIN VIEW & they wouldnt know what hit em!!

A wise magician once told me that if you can't do at least 30 minutes out of your wallet then don't leave the house!

At first I didn't see the wisdom in this statement, but over the years I've come to respect what he ment. Magic done with the simplest of everyday things can leave the strongest impacts on people and are GREAT for opening yourself up for bookings and gigs.

Also NEVER leave home without business cards. Ever. Speaking of business cards, don't go the cheap route on them either. Spend some good money, have some GOOD quality cards designed and printed up, and DON'T hand them out unless you get one in return.

With that being said I keep the following on me at all times.
1) Deck of cards.
2) Hopping Halvs or Freakey (by Greg Wilson)
3) Assassin or Fire Wallet
4) 3 silver Morgans & Gaff
5) Business Cards & Prepwork with "Out To Lunch"
6) 4 Inch Nail
7) Hunde 500
8) Change Hat (where applicable)

Such simple props, but they pack one hell of a whallop when used correctly.

Jan 30, 2009
Standard out fit = Keys, Wallet, Yo-yo, Cards. If it's cold enough my jacket can hold tons of props. It has 3 inside pockets. One is hidden, one isn't obvious. I keep my D'lights/Superman/Sharpie in the hidden pocket. I switch out gimmicked/set up decks in the other 2.

Jan 30, 2009
Sorry for being a party pooper and stuff but does it matter what we take with us when we go out? I mean, will this thread actually help us advance our magic at all? I apologise, but I notice this forum being increasingly clogged down with irrelevant threads that don't seem to interest anybody particularly and don't help in the slightest. I mean, the only post on this thread that might actually help somebody or make them think is Romeo's, and that only a brief pause, to be forgotten again by the distraction of a flying elephant or some other fun and amusing phenomenon. Fifty identical lists aren't going to revolutionize magic, I'm afraid. Sorry again, but this really does get to me. Carry on.

So every topic here is supposed to be a revolution?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
So every topic here is supposed to be a revolution?

No, but if every thread made on these forums had the intent of revolutionizing magic, these forums would improve greatly. Actually, I take back what I said to a certain extent, some of the later posts have been quite interesting to read. But the original post gave me the impression that the thread was created for the sake of creating a thread, not because any amount of thought or reason had gone into it. That's what annoys me.

What I bring

I bring

A Boris Wild Deck
Business cards (blank back) in a buisness card wallet
Gemini Pouch with a folded prediction on business card
Sharpie for predictions on the backs of business cards
A Swami Gimmick

Keep in mind I market myself as a psychological illusionist (mentalist)

May 31, 2008
Here's a list for what I take when I do Street Magic:

Deck of Tallies
Deck of Bikes
Sharpie
Quarters
Two Rubberbands
Redline Gimmick

When I go out and I' not planning on performing I take:

Split Spades
Redline Gimmick

Well for awhile now I carry a few things around with me every day before I go out.

Keys
Wallet
Video Camera
Cards
Super Sharpie
Business cards

I can luckily carry all of these conveniently most of the time.

What do you bring with you almost every day?
nothing right now...i'm like a bear hibernating...i have went out in a while...i'm too busy coming up with my own stuff....

i will at times carry three things...for my best effects....

just to give them a peep of whats to come...i'm getting ready to record nothing but original effects....at least a good hour or two....

be on the lookout for me at: FreakShowMagic Productions

http://freakshowmagic.tripod.com

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results