Break In Review

Dec 17, 2008
Hey everybody. This my first review so I'm just going to get straight to it.

I went the other day to this new website called corruptreality.net after seeing it in a seperate thread around here, and decided to buy a trick called Break In. Here is the address to the trailer:

http://www.corruptreality.net/media/break$20in$20preview$20video.mov

Now, I was at first skeptical to buy this effect, but I did and I am extremely glad that I did.

First:

The effect: The effect is absolutely mind blowing. A very visual card to box of the likes that I've never seen. The first version that is taught is a visual card change inside a box to a spectator's signed card. Chandler goes over how to do this in great detail. The second portion of the explanation is dedicated to an appearance inside the deck box which is the one that is seen at the beginning of the preview video.

Quality: the quality of the explanation is up to par. Not HD or anything, but it does not impede the learning process at all.

The Teaching: Chandler goes into almost too much detail about this effect. He teaches two different variasions, a very convincing control, how to make the gimmick, angles, and clean up.

The Gimmick: the gimmick is absolutely ingenious. the deck box that is constructed for it can be any deck box, and Chandler goes into detail on how to make any regular deck box into a Break In deck box which does not even need to include the gimmick. The gimmick is small enough to palm off of the deck extremely easily, but Chandler goes over a method on storing the gimmick for use at any time, and the reset occurs during the trick, making this a negative amount of reset seconds :p.

The Trick: the trick is very well presented and Chandler goes over exactly all you need to know to get the subtlties correct.

Angles: all except for the clean up, Break In can be viewed from a 360 degree angle. And even the clean up can, but you need to be really good at it.

Simplicity: SO SIMPLE! This is by far the easiest card to box routine I've seen. I'd say that it is as simple as the biddle trick or maybe even less.

Bonus: Chandler also teaches an effect utilizing the Break In gimmick to catch a selected card in an empty deck box after the spectator throws the cards at the magician.

Overall: Overall, this was a great buy for the money, and I would expect it to be more. the detail that went into this is incredible, and I'm deffinately going to add this to my routine. I highly advise this trick to anybody.

Score: 9/10

Dec 17, 2008
Hey just thought I'd let everyone know that the preview video has been updated. You can view it here...

http://corruptreality.net/media/break$20revised$20a.mov

Takes a minute to load btw... so be patient! :)

May 4, 2008
NYC
Just curious, can you take the changed card out of the box? I was just wondering bcuz he didnt take the card out in the preview

Sep 1, 2007
Hey,

I came up with this effect and am quite shocked to find it selling already without actual permission from me. In my personal opinion I don't think it's ready to be released, it has NO real world experience and is quite impractical. It's just an idea I was playing around with. So if I was you I'd keep your cash in your pocket.

Thanks for the kind words about my effect but I think it's meh.

Cheers,
ElisG.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results