What happened to 1-on-1?

1-on-1 started out great, but it's been almost 2 weeks since it opened, and no new material? I thought the section was going to be updated frequently? Not really complaining, just expected new things faster. Will releases be spread out like this always, or will release schedules be totally random?

Sep 1, 2007
Whilst it may be nice to have more to choose from, you sometimes have to sacrifice quantity for quality. I'd much rather have a few high quality videos than lots of rushed ones.

Plus, it gives you more time to work on the material you already have learnt from 1-on-1.

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, I was expecting some new stuff in 1-on-1 too and was kind of disapointed to see that it wasn't updated. I agree with giggip however, it's good to spend more time practicing the material from older 1-on-1s.

Actually, I think I'm hoping to see some Aaron Fisher material on the 1 on 1 section with the next update. I would love to see him explain his Gravity Half Pass, I have a few minor issues with it -- and I think I speak for everyone here when I say it would be beautiful to see it from the master himself.

Jordan

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Just regurgitating a couple of thoughts just as a reminder to temper your excitement....

1) Mastery. Repetition is the mother of skill. Pracitce until you get the slieght and presentation clean enough to perform. In music, there's an adage that answers "When are you ready to perform?" The answer, "When you've practiced enough that you're sick of the song." Have you got the sleight perfected? Remember what Asher basically says on the Beginner Video here: The difference between a professional and an amateur: A professional knows 3 tricks and (does them better than anyone else), an amateur knows a lot of tricks but does each one sub-par and poorly.

Moreover, How much cretivity have you put into your presentation? Effects like Schwing and 4for4... are you introducing the effect with something other than, "Look..." 4for4 wasn't meant to be a trick in and of itself. It's a utility, to be blended in as part of a bigger routine and set of sleights.

Understand though that most people that tell you this have learned this from experience... and have $100's of dollars of magic tricks, gimmicks, books and DVD's full of effects that they haven't mastered, perform regularly, nor practice, for the sheer reason of being a victim of impulse buying. I've a commitment to myself of having 85% of all the books on my shelf being stuff I've read cover to cover and I've kept that. Not so with my Magic DVD's... tch, tch...

2) It's a new site... the vision of the site is to eventually have a variety of vids on all those topics and category tabs on the 1-on-1 page: Essential Sleights and Basics; Shuffles; Cuts; Forces; Cardistry/Floursihing; and then Coin Magic. Imagine how cool just that section of the site alone can potentially be!!! The work it will take for them to fulfill that vision is phenomenal! Give them time... and use the time to really make what's currently on there to be the best damn $5 bucks you ever spent on magic.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Have no fear-- we shot SIX 1-on-1 videos in the past week, and we're on schedule to shoot 4 more in the next week and a half. Lots of Red Bull, little sleep. As we do produce everything at theory11 in house, and we've got so much in development, our production team takes things one step at a time in order to keep quality up to an unparalleled level. We never rush anything, so things do take time-- but that is only because of the TLC and attention we put on each project; whether it be a seven minute 1-on-1 video, or a feature DVD. We want to constantly keep the level of quality climbing, and we want every single thing to be worth its place on the site. Stay tuned; lots on the way...

Have no fear-- we shot SIX 1-on-1 videos in the past week, and we're on schedule to shoot 4 more in the next week and a half. Lots of Red Bull, little sleep. As we do produce everything at theory11 in house, and we've got so much in development, our production team takes things one step at a time in order to keep quality up to an unparalleled level. We never rush anything, so things do take time-- but that is only because of the TLC and attention we put on each project; whether it be a seven minute 1-on-1 video, or a feature DVD. We want to constantly keep the level of quality climbing, and we want every single thing to be worth its place on the site. Stay tuned; lots on the way...

Red bull is far too good.

Sep 2, 2007
You know what's odd about that? I've never actually had a Red Bull before.

I hear that it's bad for one's heart, so its good that you haven't tried it.

I think my favorite utility has been the 4 for 4.

Schwing is my favorite right now; it prevented me from buying a rising card deck, thereby saving me $17.95, though it cost $4.95, so I guess it saved me $13. But, anyway, a fantastic effect.

Cheers,
JTM

Schwing is my favorite right now; it prevented me from buying a rising card deck, thereby saving me $17.95, though it cost $4.95, so I guess it saved me $13. But, anyway, a fantastic effect.

JTM
Really? For me, the Schwing handling is super awkward. I can barely get the card to rise, and when it does rise, it doesn't do it smoothly. 4 for 4 is easy and super useful, so it gets my vote for favorite.

Anyway. Glad to hear you're making progress Mr. Bayme...I just hope we can see some of it soon.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results