Bone Ho Anaconda Dribble - Released

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
i learnt this a bout a year ago
and it was fully by accident
i took a new deck of bikes and was dribbling it high. and a friend was like "DUDE! YOU CAN DO THE ANACONDA?" then I realized i could :]

May 8, 2008
England
Cheers JDEN, can't wait to get stuck into this, don't think I'll get it big for a long time though!
Pictures are so cool...
-S

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
don't think I'll get it big for a long time though!

Bone doesn't want it like that. He wants his material to be as underground as possible. If he wanted it big, he would've posted the tutorial a while ago and/or posted the tutorial video everywhere.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Damn, Anaconda's one of the sexiest moves out there. It's very generous of him to release it :)

EDIT:
Bone doesn't want it like that. He wants his material to be as underground as possible. If he wanted it big, he would've posted the tutorial a while ago and/or posted the tutorial video everywhere.
I don't think that was what Spades meant by "big". He was referring to his own Anaconda and how it wouldn't be nearly as big as Bone's. He wasn't talking about the magnitude of the hype and attention of the Anaconda move.

-Garry

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England

I think he meant his actual dribble won't get that big any time soon. As in... it'll take a lot of practice. :)

-Sam H

May 8, 2008
England
Damn, Anaconda's one of the sexiest moves out there. It's very generous of him to release it :)

I don't think that was Spades meant by "big". He was referring to his own Anaconda and how it wouldn't be nearly as big as Bone's. He wasn't talking about the magnitude of the hype and attention of the Anaconda move.

-Garry

Yeah, exactly, what Garry and Sam said. I meant as in I'm sure mine will be a third as 'large' a dribble as Bone's and with cards all over the floor.
:)
-S

I loooove the anaconda dribble. Everytime I do it for laymen (or magicians) they're....uh...jawdropped.:eek:

Anyway, although I learned it a while back, it' s sooooo awsome that Bone finially realeased the real tutorial. It's also great to know that I'm using the right grip!

I can do it almost as high as Bone Ho (relative distance of course) but all the cards land in a mess.

Anyone have any tips for this?

(original poster: thanks so much for telling us about this! =D )

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
don't think I'll get it big for a long time though!
First of all nobody noticed this line? Second, I am very happy that Bone release this move. Ever since the first video of him I saw, this has been the flourish I have wanted to learn by him. Thanks for the tutorial Bone.

May 8, 2008
England
I don't think that was what Spades meant by "big". He was referring to his own Anaconda and how it wouldn't be nearly as big as Bone's. He wasn't talking about the magnitude of the hype and attention of the Anaconda move.

Noticed this line? I meant I am looking forward to making mine look alright rather than dropping cards!

Anyone that can do this, how do you stop the cards flipping over? I've found if I go much furthur than about 30cm, the cards flip over as they fall due to being released off the thumb they get a pivot off the index fingers and flip over. I understand much practice is required, but it seems a fundamental flaw in how I am releasing the cards but I am doing it as closely to the description as possible yet it still occurs, has anyone else encounted this during their practices and realised the way to correct it?

Anyone that can do this, how do you stop the cards flipping over? I've found if I go much furthur than about 30cm, the cards flip over as they fall due to being released off the thumb they get a pivot off the index fingers and flip over. I understand much practice is required, but it seems a fundamental flaw in how I am releasing the cards but I am doing it as closely to the description as possible yet it still occurs, has anyone else encounted this during their practices and realised the way to correct it?

If you release the cards one by one evenly and fast enough, then they should line up with each other and prevent each other from falling.
When you do it right, they really will feel and look almost like 1 cohesive unit.

To make the cards fall 1 by 1, I find it helps to bevel the deck 1/4 inch toward you and 1/6 inch to the right (about). If you want, pm me and I'll send you a pic of what the bevelling looks like.

It helps to have newer decks. Black tigers and split spades are great for the Anaconda. If you use normal Bikes, dribble them after they've been broken in - it's the stiffness you want, not the gloss. If you squeeze a new deck too hard they'll slip right out of your hand.

They should flip until they're about 85 degrees or so pointing down. The cards shouldn't fall at 90 degrees - otherwise they'll just hit the deck and bounce off.

You could also tilt your left hand sleightly toward you, so it'll line up with the angled cards. I personally don't do this though; after hours of practice they all fall the right way for me. When you do it right the anaconda feels great and fun to do.
The right hand is held parallel to the ground, not tilted forward or backward at all.

If you watch J:G's flourish vid for the Split Spades contest you'll see a close up of the anaconda dribble, and the angle at which the cards fall. Otherwise you could watch Bone's vid on youtube as well.

Do this flourish over a bed, by the way. First of all, they won't fall as far if you don't catch or mess up. Also, because you're doing it over a bed, mentally you're more comfortable doing it, which means you'll do it better than if you're doing it dangling from a helicopter 600 feet in the air.

And Practice. This takes a lot of practice, but once you can do it, it looks just as cool (if not cooler) than a spring to spectators.

This is my technique for the Anaconda dribble, which is currently about 65-75 cm (just perfecting the catch though).
Hope this helps, if I'm wrong on any of this plz correct me as soon as possible or just send a PM. :D

~Jazzhands1

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it with a brand new deck of bikes, and apart from them being so slippery they fly off each other on landing, I can get over double the hieght without flips, I found the flips tend to happen when you accidently get 2 cards at once, which was happening even though the cards were rather new, they were Wynns which get clumpy quickly :p Now the hardest bit is perfecting the catch :) Thanks for your help anyway, I'm sure it'll help others. I worked out most of it on my own, which is what was so frustrating me, I didn't think to blame the cards :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results