Election

Dec 30, 2008
Just saw paper crane's site for the first time.

I saw this trick called election and it looked like something neat.

The site gave long information about each trick except this one.
Has anyone bought it? at $10 i may go ahead.

I just dont want a trick that is too hard or so sneaky that i will never perform it, cause i am sort of new to all this.

also, is it impromptu, use a rigged deck, gaff, or gimicked deck?

thanks
a+M :D

Sep 2, 2007
there is a topic on this. and it is explained that it takes DM's Irriversible to a whole new level. it has been said, by DM himself, that he uses this instead of Irreversible now. On the other hand, Eric Ross is coming out with a multiple effect DVD with papercrane soon. So you might want to wait for that (It is said that Election WILL be included)

Dec 30, 2008
thanks,
search didn't yield results for "election."

I dont like any of these criss angel effects, i like simple fun card magic, do you think the dvd would suit me?

also can someone link me that thread please?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Election is an okay trick. When presented right can kill and when not done right can still be pretty good.
It really depends how well into magic you are. Most beginners to intermediate will think it is a good purchase. But people advanced will mostly figure it out from a demo or something.
I actually came up with the same exact concept of Election about 2 years ago while trying to figure out a different trick. haha. I have no idea if any laymen will figure it out, but seems really simple to me, no offense. There is a part in it which seems unjustified to me. Like a unecessary part, but i guess you can say it "builds tension" or what ever. I do this when i run out of tricks or am lazy. Its pretty nice as a trick. But it should really be in a multiple effect DVD rather than a single.
Basically
Election is :
- easy
- inexpensive in price and trick
- not instant reset
- hard hitting
- has audience participation
- doesnt end that clean, but hardly anyone finds out
- self working
- easy to figure out with a bit of smarts

Mar 7, 2008
i love election, recommend it to anyone.. the patter i use is taken directly from one of my all time favourite effects that derren brown did to jonathon ross, check it out on youtube,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results