Doing this for a living...

Magic for a living

• Total voters
Jan 5, 2009
I was just curious, being new here and all, how many of you do magic for a living. I used to in my heyday, lol. Now, I have just restarted for the hell of it. Maybe do a side gig here or there, but it will unfortunately never be my main line of income again. What about you guys?

Apr 8, 2008
I used to play around a lot with magic, and had thought possibly thought about becoming a full time magician, but since I'm still comparatively (is that a word?) young, i still have a lot of time to decide.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
im a mix of part time and hobbyist. For the most part i do it just for fun, free, at friends parties or etc as well as some busking at proper times. However, when the opportunity presents, i do hired parties, birthday, re-union, graduation, dinner parties etc. I also have worked a few other things like restaraunts and cafe's and some opening parties as well as a few college functions. im always looking to expand but college comes first so im not too worried. i have my entire life to break into the racket. haha

It is good to see a few of you guys putting academics before magic. Not that it necessairly is in that order in your heart, education is important. Even though I am a full time performer I did go to an art university and graduated with a bachelor of fine arts degree...it took me a number of years and 2 failed classes haha but I eventually got it done. I may not use my degree for my work, but it does come in handy in cases like going to apply for a loan, buying a car, etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results