Nail Polish?

Nov 25, 2008
I have seen dan sperry and criss angel wearing black nail polish.So is it ok for me to wear it?.How many of you wear it?.Will i get stared at?Is it ok for men to wear black nail polish?

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
i wear it some times

but only on my thumb, ring and index fingers, i used to do my whole hand.then i tried only one hand.
i expeiment with how i look when i do magic.
it did attract some attention lol. i personally dont mind. and i dont see y guys should not, many rockstrars do it. and personally idc what people think of me. i guess its all up to you and how you fel about it. i like it sometimes, but i suck at putting it on so i only wear it when my girlfriend has time to put it on lol.

i think its okay, some people may insult you for it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Personally I think that you should wear whatever you like and whatever you're comfortable wearing. If you like it, don't worry about what others think.

There is one exception however. For the purposes of magic, you're goal is to amaze people. Now, depending on your image, and the type of person you are and magic you perform, black nail polish may or may not augment your magic. So for personal use, go ahead if you want - but do consider what effect it has on your magic and your presentation, because it does give you an edgier, more alternative and possibly even confronting look.

Sep 8, 2008
Funny you should ask, I've been wangting to experiment with it when performing for a few weeks now too, Seeing Sperry, Jermay and the the like doing it has only encouraged me more... Unfortunatly my girlfriend isn't keen on the idea as "people will make fun of me" :p... Oh well, no big loss I guess.

In answer, I think it's worth trying, and I personally wouldn't think anything bad about it, but some people would I guess.
I think it could look quite cool when doing magic, especially flourishes and stuff.

D

Deleted member 2755

Just be yourself. If that's your style, then go right ahead. Also, of course you'll get stares. Your doing something different. If part of your style is to wear nail polish, then go right ahead. It doesn't matter if Dan Sperry uses it. Don't go with what's cool. Have your own opinion. ;)

-Doug

May 19, 2008
manchester
I think its quite cool, I just dont do it (I have wore nail polish/paint before)

I wear eye liner and 3 rings, I like it :) lol

were and put on what you want ;)

May 19, 2008
manchester
well... when I did it most of the people were like bleh, theirs both, BUT you become more intresting to look at/be with and you stand out, if someone comes up and says something about it you could start doing some magic.

obviously some people are gonna think your gay, some are gonna think its cool.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
It will bring more attention to your fingers so you better be damn good because people will be burning you hands more.

It will draw their eyes to movement so for flourishing or manipulation that is a plus (if you're good). For magic it could hurt if you want to minimize the appearance of movement.

If you are distinguishing your fingernails from the rest of your body with paint you better show something for it.

Cheers!

CalvinTan

Elite Member
Don't try and be someone you're not. If it's you and fits your style do it.

You won't know unless you try anyway. So try it a couple times and see if it's really you.

There was a time when Dan Hauss used to wear eyeliner and paint his fingernails black all the time. That's not him anymore, and he now chooses to expose his nipples wearing V-Neck shirts. :eek:

May 9, 2008
I think nail polish on men looks horrible. I cringe every time I see it, and I purposely avoid watching people who wear it.

Dec 23, 2008
I want to know what kind of stares?IS it the "are you gay" stare or "that's cool" stare?

Honestly, that sort of thing is for women and girls. However if thats what you wanted to do I couldn't stop you. If you like having some design or etc on your hands try gloves. You shouldn't just do things that would get you attention.

Hell, i'm kinda gothic. I wear the gloves and fishnets on my arms. I wear chains too and blah blah blah lol. I did the nail polish thing for a while. Some people are gonna look at you and think the gay thing, others are gonna look and think it's cool. Some people are gonna think that you're secure enough with who you are not to give a **** what people think. It's all about what you want. Other than that? Who gives a damn lol. Be your own person and have a great time while you're doing it.

-B.A.W.I.

Jan 13, 2008
Personally, when I see black nail polish (on guys or girls), I think "emo" or "attention seeker", or I just don't care (if it looks like it suits their personality, which is rarely), but never "gay" or "cool".

Honestly though, do what you want. Do whatever fits your personality and style. It doesn't, or at least shouldn't, matter what we or anyone else thinks of you.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't personally care for the look, as I'm not into the whole goth or emo trend that's going on at our school, and apparently everywhere. But if that's what you like, I say for it, and screw what people think. :D

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I don't get it... not all gay people wear nail polish. :rolleyes: I certainly don't. Actually, you'll probably find the majority don't wear it.

At the end of the day, no-one can tell you whether it's ok for you to wear it except yourself. People can try and stop you obviously but if you wanna wear it, try it, if you decide you don't like it, it's not permanent right?

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results