Topit

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Seems like a weird question but what's Topit?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tyUcLJrpk

Mr.Michael Ammar has a DVD on it, but it doesnt really explain anything- is it a Gimmicked item, a method (like sleeving) or..?

Cheers!

Its a gimmick thats been around for ages
there are many different types
there are many different methods for using it.
it requires technique as well as the actual gimmick.
You can basically vanish anything that you can hold.
This includes sodas, decks, phones, cups, etc.

Sep 2, 2007
Visalia, CA
Well I hope I'm not revealing to much but its basically both a gimmick and a method like sleeving. Sorry if this isn't much help, don't want to break the rules

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Incidentally, if you're interested in topits, Jay Scott Berry is also another name to check out - His and Ammar's topits are different and are pretty much considered the two main/best topits around.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
And the wonderful James Brown has a jacketless topit called 'the workaroo' which is obviously a more flexible gimmick and presumably requires less choreography in the technique pattern.

CL

Nov 20, 2009
And the wonderful James Brown has a jacketless topit called 'the workaroo' which is obviously a more flexible gimmick and presumably requires less choreography in the technique pattern.

CL

"Workeroo" and its not a topit, its a servantes.

http://movies.magicshop.co.uk/demos/workeroodemo1.wmv

Its so funny how nobody sees him stuffing things down his pants lol...this guy is great with misdirection! Jacketless yes, but you have to tuck in your shirt which may look odd unless you are wearing an outfit in which you normally tuck in your shirt...like a suit and jacket lol!

Jul 13, 2009
If you buy a topit I recommend Jay Scott Berry's, also you may want to pick up some sleeve pockets.

Something that I did was use the template to make a topit for my denim jacket. That way I have an out in normalish clothes. Something else that I have done in the past is use a button up shirt.

Simply get a button up shirt, put it on pick a button that is near the waist or at mid waist (at or near your belly button. De thread said button and use fabric glue to glue the button on the hole side of the shirt. You are basically done, another pro tip taken from I think Jay Scott or someone is to glue a pipe cleaner on the inside part of the shirt, that way you can create a big or small flap that stays open.

Thats it, tuck in the shirt button it up and your good to go, vanish rings and small objects. Just make sure you have a way to make them reappear

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results