D

Deleted member 2755

Too many 1 on 1's I want....

inFLIGHT
Card Manipulation vol. 1
Card Manipulation vol. 2
Backpack Cut
Election

Curse you True Astonishments! If I wasn't saving for it I'd have these. :(....

-Doug

Election review

Here is a quick review of election.

The easier and harder method are not far apart, the easy method being at the easy level and the harder one requiring medium skill.

The harder method (not hard, harder) I will be performing every time because it is SO CLEAN. (The demo is the hard method, b.t.w.)

The easier method is handled a little differently, and is not 100% natural like the hard method, but will none the less fool the spectator.

This effect is easy, so simple you may be able to delete the video after the main points are taught, and effective.

This is a gem.

4.5/5 - only negative is that it requires a setup (no gaffs or tape, just a normal deck of cards)

CW

ps. I believe this is my first post; by no means do any of you have to agree with me on this---please no "noob" responces or anything such.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
As short a review as that was, I'd agree with it.

Do not underestimate this effect. When the spectator realises that the decision they made were set in stone and they could've changed their mind they begin to wonder how on earth they somehow knew which ones were paired and which ones weren't.

Think about it, if they had said yes on a pair that weren't matched, that pair would've been kept and they would've seen that. Vice versa, the ones they said no on could very well have been pairs.

Just a note if you have a deck of ESP cards, you could very easily do this with ESP symbols which I think would make for a strong presentation... Y'know, if you're into that kind of thing.

- Sean

Jan 14, 2009
Ireland
Hi all,

This my first post here at theory11(been a member a while now).Sean you said esp cards can be used-thats intersting!It's been a while since I purchased a 1on1, I guess I will be purchasing this!

-Brian

Jul 22, 2008
Singapore
About this effect, it looks eerily similar to Lu Chen's "0% possibility", which I stumbled upon a great while back. You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_d8FSL9BUM

In Lu Chen's version, a total of 20 cards from 2 suits are used, the Aces to 10 from each suit respectively. Then they are mixed and 9 of the cards are placed on the table, faced-down. The remaining cards are then placed one by one on top on the 9 cards, and are left either faced up or down depending on the spectators' hunch to whether the pair are of the same value, i.e. whether they make a pair.

Can someone point out the name of the original classic routine that may be the source for this similarity?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results