I love this trick.

Dec 7, 2007
New Zealand
Man Ramo you've come up with some great Youtube finds today but this one tops that list for sure.

(Oh BTW the list only contained like 2 videos but still it's amazing)

:://manks

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Sam the Bellhop is a great trick which has been in the history of magic for so long its not even funny. one of the greatest routines ever.
I bought his DVD for this trick 2 months back and its one of my best purchases.
love the man and the routine

This is the great magic that new magicians are trying to make us forget.
Everything has to be 'visual' these days, but that word gets tossed around more than Paris Hilton.
This is one of the greatest routines ever, and only should be learned if you're willing to practice and respect it.

Mar 29, 2008
Yeah Synth_Infusion is right. His name is David - actually, L and L have a paid audience, and they are as famous as some of the magicians themselves...not to mention, some of the girls aren't hard to look at.

To discuss "Sam the Bellhop" by Bill Malone - I always found this trick interesting, as in I am not sure how it plays. Is it a display of card control - a story told by accident (as when Doc Eason does it-you should check it out- he makes a mistake on purpose, and it becomes more "impromptu") - so, is it off the cuff or planned?

Because, I know this effect is memorable to lay audiences - but what is the message method-wise. Am I displaying control - or thinking on my feet? If I can do it either way - which has obviously been done - which way is better, do you think?

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I've noticed the "David" guy in some of Daryl's videos too. Some of the audience are also in Banachek's Psi Series. Very cool.

I love this trick too. I wish I had the patience to learn the patter and sleights - it just doesn't fit with my style of magic.
Truly wonderful, though.

-Sam H

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results