Packet trick sleight...

Hey guys, normally I don't ask for help when if comes to card magic. But I need a little help with this one. I've been thinking about this effect for a day or so, and I have a small commitment to make in just a few days. I need a sleight where where the the middle card in a packet of five flips itself face down. any ideas?

Responding to both, it can happen either way, while it's closing or assembled. I tried the first vanish from the queens, it looks too sloppy. I don't own Asher's twist. I was thinking of doing a flourish display but it's too obvious the way I'm doing to. :( So any of those ways or maybe something I haven't thought of yet would be great. Thanks in advance guys.

Apr 28, 2008
I think the Asher twist move would definitely be the cleanest way of doing this.
A simpler alternative might be a half pass and some form of false count to move the card to the centre.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
use the cockroach pass, but in this case, you dont need to do the full pass. So, do the cockroach turn over.

It is simple: Show all 5 cards spread face down, and then look about 3 feet behind the feet of the spectator(s), and point. Then, in a very startled voice, say, "ewwwwww a cockroach." When they all turn to look, you can cleanly take out the middle card, reverse it, put it back, and close the spread. Then, when they turn back around, you can say, "sorry, it was just a shadow" or something to that effect, and continue on with your trick.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
A couple of half passes would work, and the future reverse is a great little move. Personally, I would probably use an Ego/Cardini change type of move with the top card, then pass that into the center position.

Oh, what is the cockroach pass?

CL

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I always thought the cockroach reverse was a joke too...

Please, I implore you not to. :)

There's a nice move in David Misner's Inversion Theory, where the card is place in the middle of the deck (or packet, if you like) face down, the deck is given a shake, or whatever, and it turns over. Maybe not so practical with fewer cards, but a suggestion nonetheless.

-Sam H

Sep 1, 2007
If you need to have it appear reversed in the center and you own the Trilogy, use the Grave Turnover from Hoffzy Osbourne. Simply move the desired card to the bottom and perform the move. It should naturally appear face up in the center of the five cards. If it is not at center a little tweaking should fix any problems.

If you need it reversed secretly, then try Ken Krenzel's Invisible Reverse Transfer.

the ed reserve slieght can be found in TOOC. it can also be found in gary norsigans "tricks that get you paid". get TOOC (totally out of control) it in the routine called perversion. the second source is another poor penguin magic product. get tooc. end of story

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results