Ace Design

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Definately one of the better aces i've ever seen. These are simple, yet powerfully beautifull. If you make them, I buy them.

Gustav

Dec 26, 2007
I love the aces, but i thought i should also congratulate you on a proffesional, stylish website, i really do like the look of it.

Keep up the good work!

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I think they're wonderful.

I think the Ace of Spades could use a bit more shadowing and black in the actual spade coloring, but that's just my own personal preference. They're awesome.

Thanks for the feedback guys, glad you like them. The spade took me around 12 hours and the heart around 8. I love the half-tone effect on the back of the current Bicyle rider deck, the way they get shading with only one colour printed on white (or inverse with the Tigers). I'm trying to take the half-toning on the Bicycle cupids and apply them elsewhere.

I've uploaded larger details and a zoom on the half-tone women here.

http://breadlinedesign.com/uploads/cards_detail.jpg

The girl on the hearts was based on a vintage deck I found online here:

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/aad560_450.jpeg

Once I'd designed the aces in Illustrator I created the card shape and texture in photoshop. I'd be happy to let you guys download the worn-out card texture Im using if you'd like? It's a photoshop .psd file. Just let me know and I'll get it uploaded.

Jan 13, 2008
I think they look great!

On a side note, in the blown up picture, her hand is in a bad position just because it, mixed with the shadow from the banner, looks like a swan or goose head (the shadow being the beak, the top small crack between her fingers being the eye). ;)

Overall, though, I think they look lovely. :)

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I think these card designs are amazing, very classy. They don't seem all flashy like a lot of ace designs recently (not to insult, I like those, too, just get old). I also think you should keep the swan picture, it gives it another illusion and also looks good, in my opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results