Cheek to Cheek with Oz Pearlman

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
The cheek to cheek deck has been around forever; it truly is a classic in magic, right up there with Svengali, Stripper, and Invisible. There are several different tricks that your gimmicked cheek to cheek can operate, while limited compared to Svengali and the Stripper deck, Cheek to cheek has the grand daddy of all Triumphs COVERED!

Quality: 5/5
I never have a problem with Penguin's products. They're shot with high-def cameras much like Theory 11; however they have a different feel. Everything can be heard, seen clearly, and understood well. It's not blu-ray, but what magic company comes close to blu-ray. I like Penguin and T11 in different ways. This particular DVD is crystal clear.

Difficulty: 1/5
It doesn't get any easier. This is the ultimate Triumph, visual, stunning, and simple. The basic handling is attainable in minutes by anyone; the advanced handling is attainable for the partially experienced card magician within the same amount of time. This Triumph is phenomenal, I can't say it enough! Oz covers some bonus effects that you can do as openers for your Triumph that are very clever and visual.

Teaching: 5/5
Oz is one of the best teachers out there. If you have one of his products, you already know. I've never even thought about Cheek to Cheek in the way he describes some of it's capabilities. Plus, he teaches some great deck switches.

Overall: 5/5
This is a great product, I have no regrets with the purchase. I highly recommend it.

Zack Gray

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
Tenkai, back off a little, if you dont like gimmicks that's your prerogative but be respectful. Hate to break it to you but magic is not entirely about slight of hand, there is much, much more to it and gimmicks are part of that. The simplest thing (such as a cheek to cheek deck) can get the strongest reactions and while slight of hand can get similar reactions it is not always the wiser choice. I would do a Triumph using the aforementioned deck before using slight of hand any day, it is much simpler and much more powerful.

Good Day

[Edit: Tenkai's post was removed]

Jan 12, 2009
Cheek to Cheek with a twist

Hey, I don't know if its just me, but do you think it would be a great twist if that after the deck is mixed up face up and face down that the backs of the cards change to a different color, and there's is the only odd backed card out, and the only one face up?

Sep 20, 2008
i dont own the effect- nor have i seen it in action, but brava do you mean like a 'nacho mama's triumph' sort of triumph?

only with a gimmicked deck?

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
that's the point

I didn't understand why a dvd was produced either until I read the premise. The reason Oz is making dvd's for the Cheek to cheek, Stripper Deck, Svengali, and Invisible are to rekindle interest and acceptance of them. Many magicians believe they are above the decks, some magicians have forgotten how powerful they can be, and some magicians believe they're just too simple. If you get past the stereotypes there are high impact routines just waiting to be performed that you couldn't perform with any other deck. Gimmicks allow certain effects that would not be attainable be attained! If you incorporate gimmicks along with sleight of hand you have some Amazing magic that people will never wrap their minds around. Card at any number is made so much easier with a svengali, and how many times has a spec asked to see my deck? NONE. Oz uses all of these decks in his professional routine and he teaches some cool deck switches that I wasn't aware of for close up, walk around, and parlor acts. He also teaches a couple of extra tricks that I had no idea could be accomplished with the Cheek to cheek. Cheek to cheek was the first Magic deck I ever purchased back in 2000, and it has carried it's weight in my act ever since I started performing for a living. I have some deck switches that I like, but Oz taught me one that absolutely blew me away in the Cheek to Cheek dvd. He also simpliefied my Triumph with the Cheek to cheek and gave me a variation that had never crossed my mind nor yours I'm guessing. If you prefer to only use a regular deck for all tricks, that's fine, that's your perogative, but if you want to simplify and clean up some tricks that you use complicated sleights for then pick up one of Oz's 4 compilation DVD's for Svengali, Cheek to cheek, stripper, or invisible. (Stripper and Invisible will be coming out shortly). I perform 70% sleight of hand, 30% gimmick magic and my performances and the audiences reaction are the better for it. Do what makes you feel comfortable and don't worry about people that say sleight of hand is the only way to go or gimmicks aren't real magic, all of that is bogus, Magic is in the eye of the spectator! End of story.

Zack

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Oz is making the dvds to market these tricks in MAGIC SHOPS.
Hence on the stealth pen cover it says "asks for a demo..."

Simon Lovell has a dvd out that teaches this effect called "triumph" i believe...
It's a good dvd and cost $10.

May 4, 2008
is must be the gimmicked card,isnt it? though i dont really like the gimmick.
But still good to see how he amazes the audiences

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
I don't know why there are always negative attitudes like tian's in magic forums but it does wear on me a little. I gave the cheek to cheek triumph a hardcore test today performing it over 40 times today in a 10 hour walk around session down at riverside festival. It killed! No one ever thought that it was a gimmicked deck nor asked to examine. Regardless I'm prepared if it does happen with a very good deck switch that Oz teaches on the dvd. It seems people have a negative attitude towards this classic and I do stress the word classic. Something doesn't become a classic unless it works. This will be my last post in this thread, I highly recommend this deck. Take it from someone that is actually using it in the real world.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results