eXile OR Xfinger?

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
Dear all,

I am interested in eXile and Xfinger but can someone tell me which one is better to make up a routine and consistently a good long-term magic? Those who have the dvd pls come and review the good or bad of the two dvd pls....(i just need to know which one is better to purchase......) NO OFFENCING PURPOSE.......:p

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
I have both of them and for me X finger is better because it is impromptu.
I do not like exile because it is also real difficult to do it roight but this do not depend on you: it depends on the gimmick and even on the spectator hand.
Purchase xfinger!! When you saw the secret you will probably disappointed because it is too easy to be true, but when you perform it spectator freak out. It is also very fun to perform and you can adapt it with you ideas and to your card or mentalism routine.

Cheers

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
This shouldn't be in the Product Reviews forum, but the Product Questions forum.

And in reference to the original poster's question, I don't like either, I find them both impractical. But if I had to pick one it would be X Finger. And I'd only use that for the appearance, not the vanish or change.

-Sam H

Oct 5, 2008
My dear sir I would go with "Exile" all the way. After I got Xfinger I was very dissapointed and felt cheated with the method, and you're not left clean at all, and Xfinger just seems really cheap and not very thought of well. But "Exile" that trick can take you places as you know David Blaine even performed Exile, the method and effect and everything for Exile is great so I advise you picking up Exile over Xfinger.

Dec 9, 2008
Definitely XFinger, eXile is not versatile and requires gimmicks, and may not even work, but XFinger is versatile, always works and gets just as good reactions, and more to the point is impromptu.
XFinger.

Apr 27, 2008
Alright I do not own either but I am completely aware of how both work, friends have it. Xfinger is impromptu but way to many people are smart enough to realize how this works, if you are very very skilled at it then you will get most people with it but a good amount will still discover the secret. eXile is good and there is a very very ezy way to achieve the effect and if anybody would like to know PM me (have the effect plz). The problem with exile is getting the gimmick to work, sometimes this effect will fail and it looks dumb. SO don't get either imho, they both kinda suck in terms of praticality and the reactions aren't what I like to get.

Find something amazing here or somewhere else, just my opinion though.

Sep 20, 2008
I believe exile is more powerfulyl constructed, its not just the Trick itself (Vanishing of X's) but the construction and method of achieving that effect is thought out.

If you're willing to put time and effort into it, eXile all the way.

Nov 15, 2008
Definitely Exile

The reason I say exile is because in my opinion xfinger is probable the worst trick on this site. It is so disappointing. Dont waste your money on this trick, go with exile!!!

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Well the decsion is really yours. BUT I would rather get eXile, in my opinion.

But it's all really up to you, would you rather have an impromtu trick but not as powerful. Or a gimmick that it's freaking powerful and can take you places?

It's really up to you. Good luck! :)

Dec 6, 2009
Definetely get Xfinger.......not only you can squeeze thousand of trick and routine of the sucker but u can also combine Xfinger with Exile!!

Dec 26, 2007
It's not crap if you watch the Demo again watch it until the end you will see an empty hand and then a message appears and says ends cleans after that you see an empty hand then the words X Finger appears on the hand. In this scenario you do end clean you could force a card and have that cards name appears on your finger. Make a persons name appear on my finger or my phone number. I think if you use it for the appearance then it is very clean and practical. But if you want to put the work into it like we did on the dvd then you could do some really strong stuff. It's definitely not crap I can kill anywhere with this. I will be honest though every once in a blue moon someone will catch me when I do it poorly.

And for the record Exile is a monster effect and well worth the value but to compare the 2 is like apples and oranges. They are both healthy foods that are good for you so either choice is good.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I'm going to be bold and say don't get either. X finger as you have heard is bad and not that hard to figure out notice the guy was performing for drunks in the demo. Exile is awsome but really really impractical I find If your looking for quick reset deffiantly not exile. But exile overall is a better effect because it happens in the specs hands.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I'm going to be bold and say don't get either. X finger as you have heard is bad and not that hard to figure out notice the guy was performing for drunks in the demo. Exile is awsome but really really impractical I find If your looking for quick reset deffiantly not exile. But exile overall is a better effect because it happens in the specs hands.

I disagree with you about 'X-Finger'. Yes, if performed badly, you will get caught. And necessarily, just because you figured it out through the demo does not mean it's a bad effect. Although not one of my "go-to effects" it has come in handy. All you need is just a pen. Although I feel the effect has a lot more impact when an object changes or moves from one area to another.

Dec 26, 2007
Chris, come on show me an example where someone is drunk in that demo did you notice that most of the stuff was shot in broad daylight. You are telling me that all those people were drunk? Are you legally old enough to drink? Trust me they were not drunk I was there and with X finger they will not play to drunk people because if you are drunk they wont catch it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results