WRATH :: Daniel Madison

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
My description of the effect:
A card is freely selected and signed by the spectator , the cards are returned to the box after given a quick mix. The performer shows all the sides of the box very cleanly and places it in the spectators palm. The performer "causes" the deck to heat up and when the spectator looks at the box, finds that a hole is burnt through the box and through a number of cards. through the burnt holes can be seen the spectators unburnt card ( really cool revelation).

type: pdf
price: cant really say as i got it from e-bay

Method:
the method for WRATH is pretty simple and easy to understand and at the same time completely invisible (if performed right)

Difficulty:
I would say Intermediate . There are alternative revelations taught in the pdf , some of which are ,for me, rediculous though you have to have confidence...The sleights used are not only for advanced card magicians but they are certainly not for beginers.

Angles:
the angles are not actually an issue,but you do require some misdirection if you are going to perform it for more than 2-4 people, though i have managed to perform it for about 10 people without a problem so you should be ok.

Bonus:
In addition to WRATH (with 3 different handlings) also taught is BLAZE01 which is another voodoo effect in which a hole appears in the center of a selected playing card in the spectators hands

My opinion:
WRATH is a great effect to perform and it is actually what i would do as a hit-and-run kinda thing as this way i have gotten amazing reactions from it and i even had people come up to me and talk about this effect months after i performed it for them.I tend to think that Daniel wanted to create a powerful yet pretty simple to perform effect so that he could rely on it to fry audiences with his mysrious style and presentation without having to think about the mechanics of the effect

A few words about the presentation Daniel uses:
In the description "the performer causes the deck to heat up" . This is accomplished not by any gimmicks or anythng like that but by PURE SUGGESTION!! Daniel goes over a patter that -i would say- about 80% (if not more) works and the spectators swear that the deck warmed up in their hands!! I never believed this would work until i tried it

Overall it is a great effect and i would recommend it to anyone interested in voodoo effects (which have become my favourite ) . Because of the practicality of the effect and the great reactions it gets i would eaily give it a 9.5/10 ( the only reason for not a 10/10 being that the spectator cannot examine the deck themselves)

P.S. During my performances i mostly use d+M effects because i love his work

Last edited by a moderator:

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
This effect isn't currently available - I'm assuming you bought an unlicensed copy which is bad news!

It's possible that Madison put it up on ebay, but it doesn't seem like his style :S

I'd drop an email to Daniel with the ID of the seller, it's not fair that people can sell his stuff without him getting some pennies! Crumpets don't grow on trees you know!

D.

Reactions: nomorepoetsplease
Aug 24, 2008
Greece
This effect isn't currently available - I'm assuming you bought an unlicensed copy which is bad news!

It's possible that Madison put it up on ebay, but it doesn't seem like his style :S

I'd drop an email to Daniel with the ID of the seller, it's not fair that people can sell his stuff without him getting some pennies! Crumpets don't grow on trees you know!

D.

Dee
i know exactly what you mean and i agree with you. And to tell you the truth it was the only thing i bought this way but i wanted this effect badly and couldnt find it anywhere so i figured that e-bay was the only solution. I DID sent an e-mail to Daniel asking him if i could get my hands on the pdf by any means but he didnt answer . This doesnt mean that i am not to bame though because i am usually against re-selling etc so.......i am sorry Daniel

Dec 3, 2008
Daniel Madison is releasing wrath in the future, and from what Randall Freeman says its a better version then the previous one. It would have been better if you just waited a little while for him to release the new one

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 5, 2007
I think Jay Sankey is more...etc.... he has way too much dvd released...
almost every DVD is same with previous.... I think DM is still ok.... not turning to Jay Sankey..
DM has more style than JS

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think Jay Sankey is more...etc.... he has way too much dvd released...
almost every DVD is same with previous.... I think DM is still ok.... not turning to Jay Sankey..
DM has more style than JS
the effects are stronger than JS.. Man I hate the tricks that Jay releases damn..

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Daniel Madison is releasing wrath in the future, and from what Randall Freeman says its a better version then the previous one. It would have been better if you just waited a little while for him to release the new one

well the reason why i didnt w8 was because i have been performing this method for more than 8 months and if i were to write a review on the new one ( which by the way i didn't know was going to be released) i would have to wait about a year because i write reviews of effects after i have spent a great ammount of time ( at least 6 months) performing them.
PS i will probably expiriment with the new one after i get it and then review that one also
PSS Daniel>Jay sankey
George

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results