Critique Needed Please

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado
The pen through dollar was cool. I liked the added idea of the pentagram. And there is so many cool ways you can tie in the dollar bill and the pentagram in patter. Very good. On the card effect, I am not familiar with the effect you did, but the last changed looked realy smooth to me. Good Job.

Thanks for your help. The changes and and routine is in the "By unseen forces" Ernest Earick.

Also I got the idea of using "Witch craft from one of the Docc Hilford books "Burn Witch Burn"

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I'm sorry, but i didn't like the pater for the first trick. The first thing I taught was "Why the hell would pentagram guard one dollar bill?" it doesn't make any sense.
You can draw something else, like a bank of federal reserves lol...
But the effect was great ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Also take a look at this video while you are at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSjWOmlUSjM

not everything you see is real. It could a MIRAGE

I'm not trying to be an a$$, I'm really not. But that trick is great, and you presented it like a mentalism trick, which i support. But, you showed us what card we need to remember. When you counted 5 card's of the deck, you told us to remember 8 of Hearts. So all that psychological force doesn't mean anything after that. Try to force 8 of Hearts without actually telling us to remember it, and it will be much stronger effect.

You are going to think that I have something against you, aren't you? :(

Shoot I completly over looked that, How could I have missed that? their wasnt anything wrong with your post by the way. I am going to go film and re-edit a fixed version of this effect.
I didn't know if anyone would like the psudo stuff I had at the end so I just tagged it on their. Once again thanks for the help.

I respectfuly thank you for your post but magic doesn't have to make sense.

I disagree STRONGLY with that statement.

Magic in order to become more than just a trick is something that must CONNECT with people. In order to do that there MUST be a thread that in woven within the context of the performance in which there is places for people to connect.

It truly will make the differance between two outcomes for your audience..

"that just does not make sence"

or

"that was/is IMPOSSIBLE"

It will change you from a

"guy who does tricks..and has FAST hands"

to

"this guy is a magician..who can really do magic"

JM

Thanks Justin,

I am still analyzing these effects to make them a bit better and am actually in the process of re-filming both tricks after I re work the presentation a bit more. Maybe later tonight I will have a new video up.

Ohh, I almost forgot to ask Justin are you familiar with the control in Proteus?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results