What to get? Oh, man...

Sep 1, 2007
Okay.. my birthday is tomorrow.. the 25th.. my 16th.. I should be getting a fair amount of cash lol. I need some advice.

Here's what i'm looking at:
Loops
Daniel Garcia Project
De'Ring
Panic!
Gaff Deck with Army of 52
ThreeFry
Silver Dream

Any of those extra worth it?

Any Suggestions???

I already have Digital Dissolve and The Trilogy and the main stuff from E.

Last edited by a moderator:
... happy birthday dude... Trilogy is great if you're into breaking knuckles for fun and profit, but I kinda like the ten fingers I've got and plan on keeping them... :D

... here's my mini-review, hope it helps:

Loops-- one great tool with soOOoo many possibilities, after watching the DVDs I was more interested in inventing my own than I was actually performing the tricks demonstrated... Garcia's "Life" and Miller's "Clock Blankout" are worth the price of admission alone, and Kranzo answers all your burning questions before you get a chance to ask them...it's very powerful stuff and helps you work up the courage to travel with loops every day, well worth the investment and packed with lots of personal insights that you just wouldn't get if you just bought the goods alone...

DG Project-- I'm a big fan of DG because of his versatility as well as his sense of humor and being able to improv on the fly... a grand mix of cards, coins, bills, cigarettes, rubber bands, etc... he never limits himself to just one theme which in my book is always a good thing...

Silver Dream-- one routine and one routine only, no gimmicks and not for the faint of heart, but OMG I've never bought a teaching DVD that was so thorough... J Miller does an excellent job of walking you thru every single aspect of the routine, literally down to microseconds so when you are ready to perform the miracle, no one will question your abilities...

Gaff/Army of 52-- everything depends on your ability to perform colorchanges, topchanges and doubles, but all the tricks will blow away the laymen in your audience... my only pointer is to know that the DVD relies on you owning a ghost deck-- I bought a red Bike gaff deck and was disappointed that I could only do a portion of the tricks straight off Army of 52... then again, if you let your imagination run wild I'm sure you'll be inventing your own stuff before you know it...

Panic-- looks sweet, I'll probably buy it after next payday...

*Oldskool DVD recommendation: David Williamson

*Newskool DVD recommendation: David Stone

Sep 14, 2007
Happy Birthday!

haha the only thing i have on your list is Army of 52 and the gaff deck, get it, it's sweet, you can do a lot of cool things with those cards, and you can create effects with them too.

-magicmatt:)

Sep 2, 2007
Happy Birthday.

Three Fry is a simple and cheaper version of Silver Dream, in my opinion. Silver Dream is $29.95, so if you buy Three Fly, you have $25.00 left over with which you can by Panic. Two birthday gifts instead of one.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
... happy birthday dude... Trilogy is great if you're into breaking knuckles for fun and profit, but I kinda like the ten fingers I've got and plan on keeping them... :D

... here's my mini-review, hope it helps:

Loops-- one great tool with soOOoo many possibilities, after watching the DVDs I was more interested in inventing my own than I was actually performing the tricks demonstrated... Garcia's "Life" and Miller's "Clock Blankout" are worth the price of admission alone, and Kranzo answers all your burning questions before you get a chance to ask them...it's very powerful stuff and helps you work up the courage to travel with loops every day, well worth the investment and packed with lots of personal insights that you just wouldn't get if you just bought the goods alone...

DG Project-- I'm a big fan of DG because of his versatility as well as his sense of humor and being able to improv on the fly... a grand mix of cards, coins, bills, cigarettes, rubber bands, etc... he never limits himself to just one theme which in my book is always a good thing...

Silver Dream-- one routine and one routine only, no gimmicks and not for the faint of heart, but OMG I've never bought a teaching DVD that was so thorough... J Miller does an excellent job of walking you thru every single aspect of the routine, literally down to microseconds so when you are ready to perform the miracle, no one will question your abilities...

Gaff/Army of 52-- everything depends on your ability to perform colorchanges, topchanges and doubles, but all the tricks will blow away the laymen in your audience... my only pointer is to know that the DVD relies on you owning a ghost deck-- I bought a red Bike gaff deck and was disappointed that I could only do a portion of the tricks straight off Army of 52... then again, if you let your imagination run wild I'm sure you'll be inventing your own stuff before you know it...

Panic-- looks sweet, I'll probably buy it after next payday...

*Oldskool DVD recommendation: David Williamson

*Newskool DVD recommendation: David Stone

Very nice reveiw, thank you.

Happy Birthday.

Three Fry is a simple and cheaper version of Silver Dream, in my opinion. Silver Dream is $29.95, so if you buy Three Fly, you have $25.00 left over with which you can by Panic. Two birthday gifts instead of one.

Cheers,
JTM

Very good idea! Thanks!

And thank you everyone for the Happy Birthday's!!!

Sep 4, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Happy Birthday!
I would recommend loops because as mentioned before, there is so much to do, not just what the dvd's teach you. Like the other day, all I did was levitate a pen and this girl went nuts!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results