Illegal Copy of Panic DVD

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
To bring something from another thread in it.

Who of you got mp3 of music he didn't bought?
Films?
Games?

I don't expect anybody to answer with "I do".
Yeah sorry about that you are all honest people, you wouldn't do something like that.
I don't like pirating either, but building a mob with torches out of the exact same kind of people? Don't make me laugh :)

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for looking out drorange. I just PMed you.

And I agree - it sucks to see people cheapen all of the work that a great artist like Aaron put into creating what I think is an incredible effect.

Dana

How would you feel if your creation is stolen by someone?

My curiosity gets me.... Why did you click on the thread? So YOU might find the link to download that yourself?
As I said, just curious, though I don't expect you to be honest about it.

You see... conclusions can be made very fast no?

Damn, you caught me out!!! Apart from the fact i own the product, i was hoping to see a name and shame or something. So i will be perfectly honest, apart from the fact i think even the stupidest person wouldn't have posted a link in an open forum.
Conclusions can be made fast...and also slow. However, if someone goes into a share programme, they must type in 'Theory11' or 'Panic Aaron Fisher' or something like that to find it is there in the first place, why would they be looking.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
The OP originally posted this because he is an internet vigilante that dons his superhero outfit and grabs a cup of coffee to peruse the internet in search of pirates and thieves.

Who makes this DVD ripping software? The same guys who make the security software. Great job security no?

This is nothing new with tricks being ripped and stolen. You are just noticing it now because it directly affects you.

How many books are being ripped and shared on file sharing sites.....

--Jim

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Conclusions can be made fast...and also slow. However, if someone goes into a share programme, they must type in 'Theory11' or 'Panic Aaron Fisher' or something like that to find it is there in the first place, why would they be looking.

Conclusion can be made fast. And you also used the most obvious conclusion.
Is it SO far out that he typed "Panic" and/or "Theory11" in google and this link popped up?
Is it SO far out that he found the link on some board?
And another thing which should keep you thinking. Would he really be so stupid to use the link and then make a big fuz about it on the boards?

It MIGHT have been like you think... but if not you really blame a guy for no reason. Which isn't very polite.
Think people. Think.

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Yeah, and they stole other people's work too right?

Hum... even though the effects they provide are already invented, I really think they did enough research/paperwork in order to get the rights to make their own teaching DVD/gimmick etc.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Thats the wonderful thing about requiring a DVD purchase to get the gimmick... they may know how its done but they don't have the material to do it.

As my opinon on this has already been stated, I'll just leave it be. But I do agree that if you find these types of things on file sharing services, narc em out.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Can you keep a secret?

Well, I can't really see a way to solve this along the lines of what everyone else is thinking... YouTube petitions are never going to work. But I can see why magicians get mad at this: 10-year-old kids making easily accessible videos of themselves exposing/poorly performing tricks that other magicians work their butts off to perfect is not exactly cool. How I see it: If you are going to make yourself known as a PHENOMENAL magicain that can do things that absolutely GET REACTIONS every single time, you are going to spend most of your time practicing. (no surprise) The only way to protect all the time and effort you've spent is create. Once you know the secret to your trick, who else needs to know?

Just my thoughts,

-Matt

Sep 1, 2007
Alabama
Well, I can't really see a way to solve this along the lines of what everyone else is thinking... YouTube petitions are never going to work. But I can see why magicians get mad at this: 10-year-old kids making easily accessible videos of themselves exposing/poorly performing tricks that other magicians work their butts off to perfect is not exactly cool. How I see it: If you are going to make yourself known as a PHENOMENAL magicain that can do things that absolutely GET REACTIONS every single time, you are going to spend most of your time practicing. (no surprise) The only way to protect all the time and effort you've spent is create. Once you know the secret to your trick, who else needs to know?

Just my thoughts,

-Matt

There's like couple of million of videos on youtube I think signing a petition is not going to work that well. Best thing do is if you ''find" a magician or anyone copyrighted contact the right people and let them handle it, you as a single person cannot do that much, but a herd lawyers can go a long way

Sep 2, 2007
Thats the wonderful thing about requiring a DVD purchase to get the gimmick... they may know how its done but they don't have the material to do it.

That's true, but the people who want the gimmick will just buy the DVD; however, those who want to know how the trick is done or how they were fooled by it will still be able to take unfair advantage of it.

YouTube petitions are never going to work.

Although you're probably right, it doesn't hurt to try. There was a song -- I believe it was called "Try Try Again" or maybe its called "Youtube @$#!@#&" :D -- that shows that perseverance does have it benefits, and it can't hurt to try.

Just because something is wrong and no one else acknowledges it, does not mean personal views or the truth should be suppressed or not expressed.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 5, 2007
n/a
It ticks me when I watch others from youtube showing a true effect turning out to be horrible. Having to expose the trick and seeing their mistakes. Yea lets go make a video of the invisible palm aces, then surprise your friend as he begs you "how you do that?!" "Oh!, lets go to youtube and search the same trick he did!" There ya go your magic joyness just lasted for about 2 mins, having your friend to find out how you did it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results