Justin Miller's New Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...

I would hope that they were done for free.

A great idea to build a portfolio, but there are several big mistakes on those sites.

Using Wordpress is an ok platform to build a website from, its a powerful and can be very much customized, but they are all just all over the place.

No offence if the designer is on the site, just goes to show why websites arent cheap ;).

lol...

I would hope that they were done for free.

A great idea to build a portfolio, but there are several big mistakes on those sites.

Using Wordpress is an ok platform to build a website from, its a powerful and can be very much customized, but they are all just all over the place.

No offence if the designer is on the site, just goes to show why websites arent cheap ;).
Ahh man

Hes designing DG's aswell.

Pity...

JDEN

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Very interesting choice in website....

Really amatuer...
I dont know about amatuer. Maybe to you if your a web designer.

Its certainly not ground breaking but it work for the stuff he wants on there. I think its alright.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I love t11's web designers WA007 and Dan and Dave's INQBATION but then again how many thousands did they spend? I hate the look of all their websites (JM,BS,DH). Maybe they should ask Wayne Houchin who did his.

-Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Hey guys. The point of the site was to look professional and I think it accomplishes this task. It may not like your REBELLIOUS WE AINT GONNA TAKE IT look like Theory 11 or E, but it still looks good. Justin's site is not just meant for teens. (I'm not saying Theory 11 is, but obviously teens is what Theory 11 is trying to attract with this style.) Justin's site is for his products from Kozmo, E, and himself. Its also for his lecture schedule.

Just because it doesn't have the REBELLIOUS look Theory 11 and E have, doesn't mean its a bad site. I think its a good site. Looks professional and it serves its purpose well. I like Aron's taste when it comes to designs.

He's done Justin's site, B Smith's site, Dan Hauss's site, he's developing DG's site, and you can see they are doing some work with Blackline Magic. (See signature for more information on Blackline magic. ;))

Again, no need to bash a site because it doesn't have that.... REBELLIOUS STREET LOOK Theory 11 and E have.

82329_mr_t.jpg

Werd up.

-Doug

May 3, 2008
The sites look fugly, but they do the job and that's all that matters. Of course, Dan and Dave, Lee Asher and Wayne have the coolest ones.

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey Doug,

I dont think you realize exactly why we believe they are 'bad sites.'

It has nothing to do with not looking like Theory11, or E.

They layout, banners, backgrounds and even worse the spelling and grammer are what we are directing our critiscm at.

;)

Ta,
Matty

The fact it doesn't have the same theme as E or T11 is the reason I thought people were saying it was bad. I figured that since its not how they are used to seeing Justin, they thought it was a bad site. Whatever. I'm not gonna try to defend a site I have nothing to do with.:p However, I think its fine. Its just a site for ordering stuff from JM and looking at his lecture schedule. Its plain white theme makes it look more professional and the banners in my opinion look fine.

I think it serves its purpose well and I think its an ok site.

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey guys. Due to requests from more than a few people, I have locked this thread. The site isn't complete yet. Its not fair to bash Justin and Aron for what is a work in progress. The site is not 100% functional yet. I also just read every word on that site and saw no grammar/spelling errors. On a final note, as Justin said... this site isn't for you. Well it is, but not 100%.:p His site is meant to look plain and white because that is how to look professional. Its meant for all magicians who

1. Want to see his lecture schedule

2. Purchase Justin's own products/ Kozmo's products (such as Captured, JM's lecture notes, or whatever else he decides to put out)

3. Contact JM

That's it. Its not meant to be flashy. It looks the way it does because that is how it is meant to look. The site isn't even done yet. Everyone should save their unnecessary bashing opinions for after the site is done. ;) Thanks guys.

-Doug

PS: If you happen to see any errors like some people said they have, shoot Justin a PM on here and he'll get those fixed up. He'll appreciate it I'm sure.

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey everyone. Several people have PMed me asking why the thread was closed... I'll be honest and say I ignored them because I was pretty lazy to type up these big PM's to a bunch of people. ;) If anyone wishes to PM me about this thread or Justin's website, go right ahead. I'll respond this time.

Anyway, now that Justin's website is now actually complete and functional, I'll go ahead and re open this thread. The store there is now complete. You can once again purchase all of Justin's material straight from him (with the exception of all of E's stuff).

Thread is now reopened for discussion.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results