My Creations

Dec 9, 2008
Hello,
Recently I have created about 10 tricks using three or four main sleights, that I have also invented. I made a video, but it was nearly 1 Gigabyte, so I made a smaller one with only a few of those tricks on it, this is the video,
Opinions, comments, criticism (hopefully of the constructive ilk) are all welcome.
Here it is, what do you think?
Tom Field
P.S. More of the tricks may come soon.

Very nice man, some very original and inspired tricks there.
Although I hope you're not trying to say you invented the GOAT Change, or the Carolina change, or whatever that thing's called these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Dude.

'Male Change' = G.O.A.T change, by Dan and Dave.

And if anything else, don't edit the changes so we can't see whats going on. Camera Flashes of light = not good.
:rolleyes:

Gustav

Dec 9, 2008
Hello, Thanks all for the positive feedback, but I'd like to clear something up.
The GOAT Change, Carolina Click Change, Once in a Lifetime Change and my Mule Change are all, in essence, the same. They all use the same principle, obviously I can't say much, but they all do the same basic thing, but the thing that makes them different is how you get into this thing, again I can't say much about this but I can promise, my method for getting to that idea, is different to all the above. I wish I could say more, but trust me when I say that my change is different and unique. Also a little history about how I created it, this is true, while it may seem annoying, I did invent this independently. I created that change, but then I discovered the others, much to my dissapointment. But this change was created completely by me, and I'd to make that clear.

And also sorry about the editing, I did that as an experiment.

Hope this clears that up. Also I complied the full list of trick etc. that I created recently and here the effect descriptions;

Bloody Triumph; The magician has a card selected and returned to the pack, and then shuffles in half the deck, face up, into face down, and can cleanly show that the cards are mixed, then takes the deck and with a magical wave, the deck sorts itself into all face up cards, except for the chosen card, but as that was an illusion, another wave of the hands makes the deck return to face up face down order.
Blood Transfusion; A simple transposition, the magician asks for a spectator to say stop, and cuts at the desired spot, then show two cards, he places one face up protruding from the middle, and one face up on top, with a wave of the hands, they magically change places.
The Katchers; A Collectors theme, in which three cards are selected and then lost in the pack, then the four kings, or katchers, are thrown into the deck only to katch, in between them, the selections.
Printer's Triumph; A tale of a printer, the deck is shown to be a double backer deck, except for a card, which in this case will be the selection, then after some, frankly, superfluous shuffling, the magician takes the deck and with a rub, creates a face side for nearly all of the deck, four cards remain as double backers, and after another rub, they are shown to have faces, the aces, and then a throw through the deck, means the aces catch the selection.
Trapped; A selection is made and a rubber band (or any kind of binding thing) is placed around the deck, the selection is kept outside the band but with a quick rub, the card is trapped inside the band also.
Be Positive; A deck change effect, a card is selected and lost, the the deck is rubbed and the deck changes colour all except the selection, which remains the same colour.
Upside down, Downside up; A plethora of phases for a reversal/inversion plot, no set routine, but a suggestion of 7 phases for the inversion routine.
Rising Card; An Un-Gimmicked rising card.
Time Machine; My suggestions for some time machine phases, three, in fact.
Glass Demon; A sandwich effect, a selection is made, then ripped, visually, into the two jokers, which are taken, left protuding in the deck, and then slowly pushed in, and as they are pushed in, the card rises out of the deck, and is shown to be in between the two jokers.
Shatner's Bassoon; a card at any number utilizing the Blood Change.
The Conjoined Boogie; A three is taken and then the center pip is pointed out, then ripped off, leaving a two and an ace. They are displayed cleanly, then pressed with the hand, and they join together again into the five, you are so clean.
They are all the tricks related to the main sleights, the sleights are;
The Blood Change; The most versatile of all of them, as a change, it's essentially this; you take the deck can show your approaching hand completely empty, and just give a quick rub, and the card changes, the hand can once again be shown empty.
The Mule Change; A change in which you take a card and with a snap of the fingers, it changes, visually; angleproof as well.
The Boredom Rise; A card rise
These are the main sleights used, obviously with other sleights used along the way.
The other items involved are:
The Nitrates; A set of ideas for colour separations, a technical one, and a simpler one, that is done by the spectator, and links between them.
I Hate You, Hato; A card shot with a few applications.
Miss. Transpo; A simple transposition.
The IZoYFso Change; A colour change.
Ace Assembly; An idea for an ace assembly.
Tin from Chile; An excellent card snatch, a card is selected and then left protruding, the spectator guesses how far down it is, then it pushed in, the cards are sprung, and the performer snatches out the card from the middle of the deck, your hands are empty at all times.
An Educated Guess; The aces are lost in the deck, and the performer says he will demonstrate shuffle tracking, and general gambling and cheating techniques. The Aces are pushed in to different parts of the deck, and then the performer shows various shuffling techniques, but then with no breaks, crimps etc, he cuts directly to an ace, but if he had cut even slightly off, he would have missed. Then he cuts the deck using the ace, straight to the next ace, once again, if he had cut one card higher or lower he would have missed. The he guesses, after riffling the deck into his eyes, that the card is a certain number of cards down, that number of cards is fairly counted to (No false deals, I can promise you) and there is the ace, and one card higher or lower... Finally the last one. This one has a plethora of potential reveals, as I would talk about, but my desired one is the performer shuffles the cards and then demonstrates perfect card control by either;1) catching it out of the middle of the deck form a spring, or 2) pivoting it out of a weaved deck.
Lip Balm; My ruminations about Lip Balm.
Nihilartikel; A false shuffle and a false cut.

Also If anyone can find someone who may be interested in published this in video or book form, then I am willing to sell these effects and their methods.

Thanks for your time,
Tom Field.

Apr 15, 2008
Maybe I missed the train on this one but I don't see why you are calling it a bloody triumph or blood change.

Cause it sounds awesome.

Im not a big fan of color changes, I like the ones that are simple and visual, not complicated or just overly hard when they could be simple. (ex. Jones change) Keep up the good work though, but remember that in a performance, your only going to use one or two color changes, possibly more.

Dec 9, 2008
Hi,
I've made two more videos to show you all,
There's a video that is showcasing the Upside Down Downside Up trick, here.
And a video of a few flourishes that I did whilst filming the above, here
Hope you guys like it, again feedback is much appreciated.
Also the names may seem a little odd, but I didn't want to call them sandwich effect or something, so I just thought up better ones;
the ones with blood in them because they utilize the Blood Change,
and the others are miscellaneous, e.g.
Glass Demon; sandwich effect; sand is made from glass,
wich, or witch also known as a demon.
So the names are just cryptic style names, any questions about the names tell me, and I will tell you.

But anymore comments on the first video, or the above, just ask.
Tom Field

Dec 9, 2008
METRODSTAR1,
I understand why you think that, and to a certain extent I agree, but the example, Jones Change, I think doesn't represent this. It's not particularly simple as far as colour changes go, it's very twirly and complicated, and as for visual, I don't think the extended period of time hidden behind the hand makes it too visual. It is pretty easy, though. Also, I would say that my changes very much fit those criteria, they're simple (a snap of the fingers, or a wave of the hands), the Blood Change isn't much more visual than the jones change, being behind the hand and all, but it's pretty good angle wise, unlike the Jones, and very useful in day to day tricks, and the mule change is incredibly visual, it stays in view at all times, and just instantly changes. And both of them are pretty easy to do.
But I have always loved colour changes, good for an actual trick, of as a casual thing with not much attention drawn to it, it will always get huge reactions, when done well. The colour change is brilliant.
But thank you all for your poisitive feedback.
Tom Field

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results